b/ h shoot out comparisons - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old December 2nd, 2003, 10:54 AM   #16
Major Player

"I've often proposed doing our own formal comparisons here on DV Info, but of course in a more structured and carefully thought-out manner that makes solid technical sense --"

Kudos! I think that a detailed comparison of raw footage is very warranted and will be welcomed....same conditions, same position, same lighting, different camera. Technical data, good. Professional responses and opinions, good. Joe Schmoe voting, good. And, maybe, on comparing small clips, we could have the reviewer's comments as to why they think one is better than the other. Just some thoughts, but I think this is a brilliant idea Chris!

Clay
Old December 2nd, 2003, 12:22 PM   #17
New Boot

Chris,

One thing I would add: If, in the course of testing, you decide to post A/B comparisons video images or clips, and open the posts to voting, keep the identity the cameras that produced the images a secret.

For example, instead of posting "Here's an image from a PD-150 / Here's an image from a DVX100" you could post "Here's an image from Camera A / Here's an image from Camera B"

You could follow with something like: "Voting will be open until 12/31/03, and results will be posted thereafter..."

By keeping camera identities secret, you help eliminate some of the prejudices that we all bring to such evaluations. (Plus, you eliminate evangelists and ballot box stuffers...)
future - documentarian
David A. Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2003, 03:02 PM   #18
Trustee

Good thought David, and I would second Stephen's comment on posting some full res clips for people to see also. Stills are great, but I really like to take moving footage and play it on my Tele, to see what those sorts of results will be like. Also it will allow those of us who are keen, tot ake them, do some image processing and see what sorts of looks we can get with the devices.

Too bad the cost and time is prohibitive, but I would have loved to have seen a DVInfo camera comparison DVD that we could all purchase with clips in various situations. Inside day, night, fast action, face closeups, dynamic ranges etc.

Aaron

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant