trying to figure it all out (Cinema Tools) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old February 19th, 2004, 01:44 PM   #1
New Boot

trying to figure it all out (Cinema Tools)

I have Cinema Tools but have never even attempted to use it, which is a total waste!!! I also have the DVX-100, but have almost "NO" knowledge of the the whole 3:2/conversion/pulldown/film mumbo jumbo. I just get lost in the entire process....SO, I was hoping someone could direct me to a source that wouldn't make it so complicated.

I would actually be all for a cd-rom/dvd-rom tutorial, but I've had no luck finding anything on the net. I have found a couple of tutorials on LAFCPUG site, but they are a bit over my head also.

If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Jason Epperson
Jason Epperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2004, 02:29 PM   #2
Warden

Jason, I moved your post to a more appropriate forum. Look at some of the notices stuck at the top of this forum (DVX100) and that should help. If you have additional comments or questions post back.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2004, 02:35 PM   #3
Major Player

Hello Jason, you might want to try American Cinematographer's DVD tutorial for the AG-DVX100. Here is a link to their website:

ASC Store

Nancy Schreiber, ASC, goes through the basic functions of the camera, which may help you get started. She recently won the Best Cinematography Award at Sundance for her work on the movie November, which was shot on the AG-DVX100.

The tutorial DVD really is for beginners however, so I'm unsure how comfortable you are spending $50 if you are already familiar with the camera.
Christopher Go is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant