New 100A at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old April 8th, 2004, 09:11 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New 100A

Just got my new DVX100A after months and months spent going through this forum... it's been great to have a strong community of people using this great camera.

I do have one concern which is in regard to the anti-reflection plate in the front of the lens. I have used the original 100 a few times and for the life of me I remember the rectangular cut out on the plate having a clear window mounted in it made from I guess plastic or glass. My 100A does not have this. Check out www. barrycheong.com/dvx.jpg to see what I mean.

Am I totally mistaken with what I remember about the 100? Is my 100A missing this clear rectangular plate? Am I just paranoid? LOL..

Confirmation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.
Barry Cheong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2004, 09:45 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Barry,
You are mistaken. The flare shield in front of both the 100 and 100A is empty (thank goodness). Your mistake is certainly understandable, however. A casual glance at the cut-out would certainly fool most people, particularly since the inside edge of the cut-out catches a glint of light.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2004, 09:50 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Phew,

Thanks Ken for another quick response..now I feel better that I can start playing around with it..:-)

that is odd..i could have sworn cleaning a lens of the 100 and thinking to myself that's a good idea to put a clear plate blocking the actual lens...i must have been dreaming about finally owning my own camera..lol

either way i have B+W UV filter on there to keep things protected.

What do you think of kimwipes for cleaning the lens?

Thanks again

Barry
Barry Cheong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2004, 10:10 PM   #4
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

I recall Kimwipes (from my former office life) as being large, lint-free paper sheets, correct? I've never used them for lenses so I don't know how abrasive they are.

I prefer using a LensPen for light-duty dusting and smudge removal. For more serious jobs I use a Scotch Magic cloth with some eyeglass cleaner, the alcohol-based type in the squeeze bottle, free from any "condensation-resistant" coating stuff. A micro-fiber lens cloth is also a good cleaning cloth. Just be sure that you always dust the lens thoroughly before using any pressure cleaning process (cloth or LensPen, which has a brush at one end) and that you don't use a cloth without also using some amount of moisture, even if it's just breath condensation.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant