shockmount for me64/66 w/ softie or equalizer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old April 15th, 2004, 12:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

shockmount for me64/66 w/ softie or equalizer

I'm looking for a boompole/on camera shockmount solution for my me64 and me66. Anyone have any experience w/ the at8415 shockmount using an me64 and me66 w/ either a softie or lightwave equalizer? From what I hear, the me66 w/ softie maybe to heavy for the at8415. What if i go w/ the k-tek k-sus bands? Will this help in handling the me66 weight w/ softie? If attached on a dvx100, will the at8415/me66 be out of the frame at it's widest angle? Rycote softie vs. lightwave equalizer...is there a difference/preference? Any cheaper solution for wind protection? Thank you for any comments and suggestions!
Jaser Stockert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2004, 04:14 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I just ordered the lightwave miniscreen.. It is lower profile and from what I understand works great for everything up to gale force winds.. They have another muff to put over it for gale force.. Like we need gale force wind protection unless your doing a documentary on Hurricanes.. Link:
http://www.lightwavesystems.com/products/miniscreen/default.htm
Scott Plowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 01:03 AM   #3
Major Player

I dont know about all the rest of that stuff, but when I got my shockmount, Rush at EVS hooked me up with one that mounts both to my boompole and the shue on the camera. It's made by Sennheiser. I use it with the ME66. I am very grateful for that dual use versatility.
Daniel Runyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 08:47 AM   #4
Regular Crew

thanks guys...daniel, could that be the mzscam? i was thinking about that but i believe it has a plastic shoe mount that can easily break and does not have tilt/rotation which can be essential when placed on a boompole.
Jaser Stockert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 08:48 AM   #5
Regular Crew

interesting. i was going to purchase the same mount MZSCAM.. Let us know Dan.. Jaser which one do you recommend??
Old April 17th, 2004, 10:33 AM   #6
Major Player

I have no idea which model it is. It does have a plastic shue mount but inside its core it has metal threads. I use it quite frequently, and until you mentioned it did not even know it was a plastic shue mount. I have not at all tried to be delicate with it, and it's far from broken. It is also rotational, but not tiltable.
Daniel Runyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 10:58 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Thats an excellent book Dan 30$ film school. I ownb it as well ; )
Old April 18th, 2004, 12:23 AM   #8
Major Player

Indeed. I like it not for the technical stuff...as I have much better "how to" books...but I think of it as a spiritual guide in a lot of ways. I have conversed with Michael via email and he's really an interesting individual. He used to be a homeless drug addict living in squat houses in DC, and he cleaned himself up and devoted himself to his cause and is having what I consider great personal success. I think he is awesome. If you havent already, I would definately watch his Do It Yourself Or Die DVD. It is very good despite my own surface lack of interest in most of the people he interviewed. It is truly inspirational.
Daniel Runyon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant