DVC80 vanishing? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old May 7th, 2004, 05:05 AM   #31
Tourist

I've had my dvc80 for a couple weeks now and finally have all the accessories to get shooting. I have a couple friends visiting next week who are being enlisted as actors in my first short. I'm all for maintaining a dvc80 community, either by itself or as the self-acknowledged poorer cousins of the dvx crowd.
Let's get shooting.

"Television is the retina of the mind's eye, therefore I will appear on television only on television." -Cronenberg (Videodrome)
David Holtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2004, 07:48 AM   #32
Major Player

Aaron, is profeel a pretty trustworthy source? That price was really low, almost too good to be true...
Dustin Waits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2004, 08:25 AM   #33
Major Player

Profeel is a great business to work with. In my dealings with them, they have never tried to up-sell me or tried the bait-n-switch like some other outfits. They have excellent on-line reviews, are registered with the BBB and their sales staff is helpful and courteous, but be warned. They are not an authorized reseller for Panasonic DV Proline.

This means their Panasonic cameras come with a U.S. warranty, but if you have an out-of-the-box problem with your camera you will likely have to send it back to Panasonic for warranty repair rather than returning the unit and having it replaced by the dealer -- which could leave you without a camera for weeks. I've been very fortunate and have never had to deal with that situation, but that's the piece of mind you have when paying the premium with one of the communities sponsors.

Hope this helps.

-Tim
Tim Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2004, 05:04 PM   #34
Trustee

<<<-- Originally posted by Tim Brown : Profeel is a great business to work with. In my dealings with them, they have never tried to up-sell me or tried the bait-n-switch like some other outfits. They have excellent on-line reviews, are registered with the BBB and their sales staff is helpful and courteous, but be warned. They are not an authorized reseller for Panasonic DV Proline.

This means their Panasonic cameras come with a U.S. warranty, but if you have an out-of-the-box problem with your camera you will likely have to send it back to Panasonic for warranty repair rather than returning the unit and having it replaced by the dealer -- which could leave you without a camera for weeks. I've been very fortunate and have never had to deal with that situation, but that's the piece of mind you have when paying the premium with one of the communities sponsors.
-->>>

Isn't the same case with B & H? That's something I got to know on another Forum, that B & H wasn't an authorized Panasonic dealer.

So if anything happens to your camera you have to wait all that long time you mention. That was told by Jan Crittenden, a Pana rep.

Carlos
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2004, 10:48 PM   #35
Major Player

Is there access to a list to all the resellers of panasonic ? my DVC80 has a broken piece and i want to find the authorized company down here in guatemala.
Old May 10th, 2004, 09:37 AM   #36
Major Player

B&H is an authorized reseller for the DVX100 and 100A, but not authorized for the SDX900... I'm not sure about Panasonic's other larger shoulder cams, but my instincts tell me they are not.

You can find information on authorized resellers on the Panasonic website under "where to buy."

Hope this helps.

-Tim
Tim Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant