Zoom/Focus Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old April 20th, 2004, 12:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Zoom/Focus Question

I think I have seen this issue addressed here before but I can't find it.

I am focused on an object at infinity and zoomed in. As soon as I begin to zoom out, the object goes instantly out of focus. What is causing this?

Grant McClintock
Grant McClintock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2004, 06:51 PM   #2
Major Player

there really is no such thing as infinity and having a sharp focus. there will be nothing you can truely focus on at infinity. If you look at the moon, zoom all the way in and then get a focus, you will see that you will be at about M93 or 94. The reason that your object goes out of focus is because it really is not in focus, just close to it. I don't know why it would go more out of focuse as you zoom out, however you might check your focus. if you focus on that object say at M91 and then zoom out, it will stay in focus.
Stefan Scherperel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2004, 11:17 PM   #3
Barry Wan Kenobi

If you're in focus on something, regardless of what the focus setting is, then when you zoom out it should stay in focus (or, if anything, it should become *more* in focus).

Infinity on the DVX is at MF93. If you focus on the moon at MF93 at max telephoto, and then start zooming out, the moon should stay in razor sharp focus. If it doesn't, there may be something wrong with your camera's lens/backfocus setting that may require servicing.
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant