Panasonic DVX100A Price? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old April 27th, 2004, 01:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Panasonic DVX100A Price?

Hello
I have the chance to buy a Panasonic dvx100a from a reliable dealer who gets cameras from Panasonic. He can get cameras called "B-stock" which were factory demo units that have been repackaged, and are sold with a warranty. I called panasonic and they confirmed both the dealer and these units. They are perfect in every way and cost $3200. Is that a good deal over a new one? They come sealed in a factory box exactly like a new unit.
Sam Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2004, 01:56 PM   #2
Trustee

As long as the warranty is as good as a regular Panasonic warranty, and as long as you have the option to purchase an extended warranty of some sort (recommended), I don't see a problem with this at all. It's a pretty good price if Panasonic is willing to put their warranty where their mouth is...

I would also guess that a factory demo unit would get handled much less than a retail outlet demo unit, but I'm just guessing there.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2004, 06:00 PM   #3
Barry Wan Kenobi

A brand new unit from an authorized dealer will cost about $3450 or so. That's about 7% more or, if you look at it another way, you're getting a b-stock unit from (likely) an unauthorized dealer, for only a 7% discount. If it was 25% off, I might be tempted. But investing $3200 in something that may or may not be what they say, may have had a lot of use or a little, may or may not have a US warranty... I'd say pass. Buy from an authorized reseller and save yourself some headaches.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2004, 08:24 PM   #4
Regular Crew

$3200 & $3450?? I just saw on the internet on a website they advertised it for $2600...same DVX100A !!!! How come..???
Good dealer has good rating and background on the internet so I dont see no reason not to trust them...
But now seeing you guys write these prices it makes me wonder...
Gabor
Gabor Lacza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:04 PM   #5
Barry Wan Kenobi

Because the people selling it at $2650 are not authorized dealers. They don't buy their cameras from Panasonic. Where do they buy them from? Who knows? They could be stolen. They could be imported from Malaysia. Will it have a US warranty? Will it have a Canadian warranty? Dutch? Japanese? Who knows?Those cameras, if they exist at all, could be returns, defects, demo models, who knows what they are. But the one thing you can be guaranteed is, they were not bought from Panasonic USA. Panasonic only sells cameras to authorized dealers, and there is no authorized dealer that would sell it under about $3400.

You may as well buy it from someone selling it in a parking lot out of the back of a van. It's about as legit as buying from one of those gray-market dealers.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:56 PM   #6
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Barry Green : Because the people selling it at $2650 are not authorized dealers. They don't buy their cameras from Panasonic. Where do they buy them from? Who knows? -->>>

Plus on top of that they may have a scam where you have to pay $400 for the battery charger and $400 for the battery in order to get the camera for $2600. Otherwise they just won't ship it to you.
Old April 28th, 2004, 01:22 AM   #7
Trustee

I thinkpeter at birns and sawyer in hollywood (reputable, authorized) is selling the dvx100's (not sure about the A or no) for what the b stock camera was going for.
Nick Hiltgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2004, 01:38 AM   #8
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

If we've said it once, we've said it 1,000 times. The difference between a competitive price and an unbelievable price is truth. While the old quote, "There's a new sucker born every minute" is absolutely true, don't be someone's new sucker.

Buy from one of our sponsors (linked below). They offer very competitive prices and outstanding service. But if, for some reason, you think you've found the deal of the century at OwnerHasBrainDamage.com, at least make the effort to check them out at Reseller Ratings. You'll usually find a long list of sorry customers crying in their beer.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2004, 04:32 PM   #9
Tourist

dvx 100a pricing

infinity cameras.com is selling the dvx 100a for 2199.00 but when i talk to them it costs 500.00 dollars just for the power supply, i'm really new to cameras, is this the standard price for the powersupply, or could i buy the camera through this store and maybe find a powersupply cheaper somewhere else?
Ryan Howell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2004, 04:39 PM   #10
Regular Crew

EVS.. Call and ask for Rush.. Personalized service and great "realistic" pricing.. Thats where i got mine : )
Scott Plowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2004, 06:40 PM   #11
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Ryan,
What you encountered is exactly the type of behavior that we so often warn against. These shops are bottom-feeders just waiting for the uninformed customers. That "power supply" is part of the standard kit.

Take Scott's advice and give EVS, or one of our other sponsors, a call. You'll get the real deal without this ridiculous hassle.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant