Matte Box and other accesories at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old April 27th, 2004, 08:27 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Matte Box and other accesories

What are the main differences between the Cavision and Chrosziel Matte Box and follow focus systems ???
Beside price because the price difference is huge.$400 for Cavision and $1595 for Chrosziel.
All the prices are huge differences....
I would like to buy the camera (DVX100A0, with Matte Box,Follow focus and anamorphic adapter.Now I now that the regular anamorphic wont fit but I beleive they do some adjustment
to fit the matte box.
Any suggestions?? PLEASE....
Thanks
Gabor
Gabor Lacza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2004, 12:21 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Anybody ??

Any suggestions ??
PLEASE
Gabor
Gabor Lacza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2004, 02:38 PM   #3
Trustee

I don't typically use a dvx100 but have used both cavision and chrosziel's matteboxes on my XL1 which has the same size threading on the lens (72mm).

I would say the primary difference in my eyes is sturdiness. The chrosziel mattebox just felt sturdier when I was using it. The are other things to consider as well. IF you're going to be putting the mattebox over the anamorphic adapter then you need ot consider how wide the original ring is, I believe that the Chrosziel takes 110 (or even 130) with out an adapter ring where as the Cavision only takes 82 (or at least mine did). The other thing to consider is the size of the filters. I believe the cavision only has 4x4 and they don't hold the 4mm (thick) that well, the Chrosziel will hold on to the 4mm thick filters fine and has switchable (at least some do) filter trays so you could go 4x5.65 or 5x5. Which may not be a big deal to you. If you're just getting into this whole business the cavision will definitely adaquately suit your needs but if you have multiple camera's or plan on doing this for a while with many different camera's i would consider ponying up the extra cash for the chrosziel.
Nick Hiltgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2004, 09:10 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Well

Thanks for the reply and suggestion.Basicaly I am looking for a good matte box for 4x4 filters.Anyway thanks i will keep looking..
Gabor
Gabor Lacza is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant