DVX blown up to 35mm. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old June 9th, 2004, 01:41 PM   #1
Barry Wan Kenobi

DVX blown up to 35mm.

If you're in the Hollywood area and want to see what the DVX looks like when blown up to 35mm, you can see it this Friday 6/11 at 5:15 p.m. at Raleigh Studios. A nice guy named Scott Campbell has rented a private screening room and arranged to view the DVFILM.COM demo reel. He's spending $250 of his own cash to rent the room (plus projectionist's tip, plus shipping of the print), and has graciously opened the doors to anyone who wants to see it (first come, first served of course... but the room seats 150, so there should be space, but get there early anyway).

The dvfilm.com demo reel is about 10 minutes long, and includes some dvx100/anamorphic/24p footage that I shot, someone else's short film that's dvx100/anamorphic/PAL 25P, and some footage from Noah Kadner's original DVX/PD150 comparison film (the ProMax DVD that was distributed free when the DVX first came out).

If you're curious as to how the DVX or the PD150 holds up on the big screen, or PAL vs. NTSC on the big screen, here's a chance to see it firsthand. Directions are on www.raleighstudios.com, note this is at the Hollywood studio, NOT the Manhattan Beach studio. Parking is off Van Ness. Screening is Friday, June 11 at 5:00 in the Chaplin Theater. There may be enough time to screen the print twice. If that happens, I recommend everyone move -- sit up front once, sit in the back once, so you get the full experience.

It'd be nice idea if attendees would make a small donation at the door to defray the costs. He's probably out $350 total, so if visitors could help defray that it'd be a nice gesture.

(I have no connection with this at all, other than that he arranged the screening on his own and contacted me to ask if it'd be okay to open it up to the public, and I said "heck yeah, and in fact I'll help spread the word).
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2004, 10:08 PM   #2
Major Player

Sooo....how did it turn out?

June 11 is come and gone, and I really would have loved to have seen it, but there you are. I was in South Dakota.

So what's the verdict?

Milt Lee
Milt Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2004, 11:09 PM   #3
Barry Wan Kenobi

The results have been discussed here:
http://www.indieclub.com/tacoboard/thread.asp?ident=17690461125334&page=2

and here:

http://www.dvxuser.com/cgi-bin/DVX2/YaBB.pl?board=nws;action=display;num=1086804190;start=0#0
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant