AG-DVC60 various topics - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old March 16th, 2007, 08:23 AM   #46
New Boot

Any big name should be good quality. Sony i.Link would probably be the best. I haven't found any problems using normal generic brands, though.
Jackson Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2007, 11:38 AM   #47
Major Player

Audio synch problems capturing from DVC60?

We've got four DVC60 cameras that we can't capture from into Final Cut Studio 2 without audio synch problems.

The audio is out of synch on all four cameras, but to differing degrees (not related to clip length.) It's driving us nuts. It doesn't seem to be a setup problem. (Cameras and software both set to 48khz.)

Nothing wrong with the tapes -- we can use a different deck and it's in synch.

Just a problem with the capture from the camera. (And the tapes play back in camera in synch, when monitored from the headphone jack.)

Anyone having problems with any other NLE?
Chuck Fadely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 01:02 AM   #48
Inner Circle

Hi Chuck.............

I stumbled upon this gem of info whilst researching audio mixers. It's on the Sign Video web site. I'm not familiar with the cameras you've mentioned but could this be a possible cure?
"

MINI-DV UNLOCKED AUDIO PROBLEMS- Are they real and how can they be fixed?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Problems Are Rare
In the DVCAM and DVPRO video formats, the audio signal is locked to the video signal, insuring that audio and video will always stay in sync. Technically, in the less expensive DV format, i.e. mini-DV format, the DV audio signal is not locked to the video signal, and could stray somewhat out of sync. In practice, this is rarely a noticeable problem. Audio and video usually stay in sync, even though there is no "lock" to guarantee that they will stay in sync. This sometimes drives DV camcorder dealers nuts, since the manufacturer feels obligated to tell the public that the audio is unlocked. Meanwhile, the dealer has not had so much as a single customer complaint about unlocked audio.
If your budget limits you to a DV camcorder, or you just like the smaller, lighter camcorder, don't worry about locked and unlocked audio. It is unlikely that you will have significant problems, and in fact, you may never have a problem.

Audio Can Be Relocked
In the rare event that you do have a problem, you can take your tape to a professional video house and have it dubbed between two DVCAM decks to relock the audio. Again, the problem is rare, so the video house may not be familiar with the process. Tell them to do the following:

Dub from a DSR 60 or 80 to a DSR 80 or 85 in QSDI mode.
This will relock the audio. "

May be a complete red herring, but hey, it's something.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 01:37 PM   #49
Inner Circle

Chuck................

You ever sort this problem?

Chuck?

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 07:59 PM   #50
Major Player

No, we solved it by buying some sony decks. Still haven't figured out if it was a Panasonic issue or a Mac issue.
Chuck Fadely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:05 PM   #51
Tourist

DC Power Cable for DVC60?

I just bought a used DVC60 (with 24 hours on the meter). Checking it out this afternoon...looks like a nice camera.

Anyway...I just noticed that the battery charger has a seperate cable that connects the cam to the charger when using AC to power the camera. Well that DC cable is missing.

Is that a generic type cable that I could buy at an electronics retailer or will I need a special order Panny part. I hate to buy the whole charger assembly just to get that one cable...

Any ideas? Thanks
Gary Chvatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 05:52 PM   #52
Tourist

Never Mind

I saw a link to Panny's parts ordering web site. Ordered the cable...it will be less than $20 with shipping...

Now I'm going to go try out the cam....
Gary Chvatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 12:13 AM   #53
New Boot

Is this DVC60 camera fried? can it be fixed?

So I rented a DVC60 from my school for the weekend, and when the guy was packing everything up, I asked if he had a charger for the camera. (This was after he tested the camera to make sure it was working, it was). So he looks around and sees a charger plugs it in, nothing happens. Then he looks at it, oh this is for a laptop, no sorry man but you have 2 batteries you should be fine. So I take it and all.

When I got here, the camera would not turn on. I checked the voltage for its DC in, and it was 7.9 Volts. I looked at the charger for MY laptop, and it said 65 volts, probably similar to the one that he plugged in. Did this fry the camera? Blow a fuse? I really need to shoot this project this weekend, is there anything I can do to get this fixed?
Matt Stamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 06:56 AM   #54
Inner Circle

yes , laptop charger are usually around 20V, so there is a big chance that something is fried in the camera.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 07:17 AM   #55
Obstreperous Rex

Sorry, there is no remedy other than sending the camera to an authorized Panasonic repair facility.

Most likely a master fuse inside has blown but there is no way to replace it yourself.

Moved from Open DV Discussion to Panasonic DVX / DVC.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 12:14 PM   #56
Inner Circle

And let's hope the school accepts responsibility for the repair cost since it was THEIR tech that did the damage as you were picking it up.
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:53 PM   #57
Tourist

If you find that the school wants you to pay for the camera this what i would do. So you know I have a dvc-60p and it has more then 290 hours on the head. It is a great camera if you use a sound mixer and go in via the XLR jacks. the mikes are only good in low noise levels. any way if you can find someone local like myself who is good at repairing stuff you can find the shop manual on line at manualsparadise.com i know that they have the manual for the dvc-30 it is the same as the dvc-60 with out the XLR'S Just a thought. GOOD LUCK. You can buy parts on line also i have had to replace a dew sensor before.
Tim Meier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant