DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   Extended Warranty (Mack)? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/30604-extended-warranty-mack.html)

Mason Cooley August 16th, 2004 03:34 PM

Extended Warranty (Mack)?

I read some posts/responses but not satisfied yet.

Is it worth getting something like a Mack 4 year extended warranty? My DVX-100A arrived faulty and was replaced with a new one no problem but now I'm thinking I should consider a warranty.

thanks

Tommy Haupfear August 16th, 2004 07:01 PM

My electronics are generally broke out of the box or otherwise give me years of trouble free service.

Think of all the money I've saved on extended warranties.

Maybe open a savings account with what you would spend on extended warranties. At least then if you don't use it you still have your money (and whatever interest).

BTW - how much is a Mack 4 year extended warranty?

Mason Cooley August 16th, 2004 07:16 PM

it's only 150 bucks - 4 year extended.

the thing I kind of don't like is having to ship it to them and plus they are not authorized by Panny but trained technicians inhouse.

I live ten minutes from a Panny service center in LA so if they had a extended warranty I'd do that in a sec.

Tommy Haupfear August 16th, 2004 07:26 PM

I haven't looked thru my DVX100A paperwork yet.. Are you saying that we can't get a Pana warranty?

I see what you mean about non-qualified work. That could lead to more problems/complications.

Mason Cooley August 16th, 2004 07:30 PM

I'm under the impression that Panny's is only a 90 day warranty and haven't found any extended info on the web etc.

I need to call them and see.

Barry Green August 17th, 2004 12:42 AM

Panasonic's DVX warranty is, I believe, 1 year parts & labor.

Dorothy Engleman August 28th, 2004 05:39 AM

A while back, I researched extended warranties. I wound up purchasing two very reasonably priced five-year warranties from One Call and from my VISA credit card.

Both extended warranties allow me to send my cameras directly to
Canon if they ever need repair.

Also, many credit cards will double the manufacturer's warranty. But you'll need to confirm that your credit card company is still offering such warranties.

Search MACK on Google and photo.net for some pretty awful repair stories involving high end cameras.

Dorothy

Nick Kerpchar August 29th, 2004 05:08 AM

Dorothy,
Thanks for the info on extended warranties. This is timely info for me and could well save me headaches down the road.

Thanks again, Nick

Jan Crittenden Livingston August 31st, 2004 09:06 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Barry Green : Panasonic's DVX warranty is, I believe, 1 year parts & labor. -->>>

That is correct Barry, here in the US that is our warrnaty on authorized units.

Best regards,

Jan

Pete Pel September 10th, 2004 10:18 AM

Panasonic does offer extended warranties directly. You have to call their sales line, and they will give you the phone number for extended warranties.

Jan Crittenden Livingston September 10th, 2004 10:29 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Pete Pel : Panasonic does offer extended warranties directly. You have to call their sales line, and they will give you the phone number for extended warranties. -->>>

Hi Pete,

While I am not sure about the Consumer side of our company, they may offer extended warranties, we over in the Broadcast side do not. At least at this time.

Sorry,

Jan

Pete Pel September 11th, 2004 10:40 PM

Yes this was the consumer side of Panasonic. Kind of hard to discover. Panasonic calls it Customer Care.