Sony tapes on the DVX 100a??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old October 11th, 2004, 07:33 PM   #1
New Boot

Sony tapes on the DVX 100a???

Is anyone using the Sony premium mini dv tapes in the 100a? I am about to purchase a new 100a and I have a bunch of new Sony tapes. I have been using the Sony tapes in my GL-1 and they work fine but I have heard that Panasonic only likes the Panasonic tapes because of the dry lubricant.
Dennis Chapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2004, 07:35 AM   #2
Wrangler

I thought it was more of an issue of you mixed dry and wet lubricant tapes. I think you would be ok as long as you stuck with Sony. I personally only use Fuji tapes in my cams so I can't give much comment on the DVX100A and Sony.

BTW - my DVX100A is for sale in the classifieds here.
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2004, 09:54 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I've heard of people using Sony tapes in the DVX without issue. Just pick a brand and stick to it.

"I like Mankato just a little bit better than any other town in the world." -Sinclair Lewis
Ryan Gohlinghorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2004, 12:42 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I use Sony tapes because that's what we use at work, and I didn't want to mix different tapes when I was editing stuff at work.

I also know of another DVX user who uses the Sony tapes. Neither one of us has any tape related issues.

The dry Panasonic tapes are probably better, but as long as you stick to the same type of tape, I don't think it's a big deal.
Joe Kras is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant