Audio Problem with internal mic on dvx100a at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old October 23rd, 2004, 04:25 PM   #1
New Boot

Audio Problem with internal mic on dvx100a

My internal mic will not capture any audio. I have been all through the manual and I am wondering if I am missing a simple setting that is keeping the camera from capturing audio. The switches behind the lcd screen are set to internal mic and the volume on the lcd is all the way up. Video plays back fine but no audio.
Dennis Chapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2004, 02:03 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Internal Mic

Dennis, try the two switches on the front by the XLRs. Maybe they set wrong.
James Gleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2004, 08:58 AM   #3
Wrangler

Dennis, I can't remember what position the XLRs were set to but have you tried playing back the tape on an external monitor using the composite/S-video cables?
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2004, 11:44 AM   #4
New Boot

I found a solution

I switched the audio recording menu to the 48k 16bit mode and now the camera works fine. It will not record audio in the 32k 12bit mode, it plays through the camera in 32k mode and I can hear it on an external monitor but it will not record on the camera's tape. It's not a big deal, I don't see the need to shoot in 12 bit mode. Does anybody else have this problem?
Dennis Chapin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant