Custom Settings Help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old January 2nd, 2005, 10:14 PM   #1
Major Player

Custom Settings Help

I probably could have found this if I was a little more diligent searching, but I'm tired and 15 minutes is about all I can take...

Anyways, I'm shooting a short this month and I will be using a DVX100 for the first time...

Can some one give me the skinny on what the different custom color/picture settings are? (For instance, I've found mention of a "thick" or "thin" detail setting and I have no idea what these are...)
Old January 2nd, 2005, 11:09 PM   #2
Inner Circle

check the stickys mate, theres a PDF from rexel Australia which has all the settings and comparisons.
But
For a true colour rendition, make sure ur colour phasing is turned DOWN and master pedestal is also at least -2
detial level is ur detail, this is dependant on ur output
Thick for dvd/tv/plasma thin for film.
Also the 100a has afew different settings like vertical detail and detail coring. Turn coring all the way up :)
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2005, 07:41 PM   #3
Trustee

Also, Barry Green has put together a wonderfully helpful book/DVD package called, well, The DVX Book. It probably contains the answers to most of your questions.

http://www.dvxuser.com/articles/dvxbook/
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2005, 10:35 PM   #4
Major Player

Yeah, I knew about his book...I just didn't want to pay $65.00 for a book on a camera I might only be using once...

I didn't seem to find what I was looking for in the stickies. I mean, I found some panasonic literature, which included the manual--I guess I was looking for a little "dumber" version of what some of their terms meant--and also, some real world experience with the cam...
Old January 12th, 2005, 07:27 PM   #5
Trustee

That book really will help you if this is your case. Buy it, use it, sell it. That's what most people seem to do with their training-type materials. You'll get back at least half your cost, and that's well worth it.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant