DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   Various questions about Panasonic DVC and DVX (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/3885-various-questions-about-panasonic-dvc-dvx.html)

Douglas Clark February 1st, 2006 05:33 AM

Getting timecode in or out of DVC30

Is it possible to jam timecode on the DVC30 from an external source?

Is it possible to get timecode out of the DVC30, for example to jam an audio recorder like Tascam HD-P2?

Douglas

Saturnin Kondratiew February 17th, 2006 08:43 PM

new dvx100a footage 24p taken 15mins ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mEtw_6AYX8

Riley Harmon March 4th, 2006 03:02 PM

Dvc20

Anyone have anymore info on the new DVC20 that panasonic is going to debut?

Michael Gottino March 14th, 2006 10:28 AM

DVX100b w/Cartoni Alfa II or Sachtler 14II

Newbie to the forum here and would like to here form anyone using and/or experince with either the Cartoni Alfa II or Sachtler 14II tripod/head with DVX100b.

Thanks!

Michael Gottino March 24th, 2006 08:34 PM

Suggestions on shooting race car/drifting competition

Any car race/drifter dvx shooters out there that could give me a slam dunk course on what to expect? I have been invited to an event on Sunday and have full access including flag stand, infield, turns and pits.

I would like to maximize this opportunity by getting some quality footage utilizing the more advanced settings on my recently purchased DVX100b. Now, my little one (bless her beautiful soon to be AC heart) just trashed my DVX DVD otherwise I would be in “just push play” “rewind heaven” right now Your suggestions, thoughts and dialogue will be greatly appreciated.

What settings have you found achieve the best results? Are standard scene settings going to cut it? Have you configured specific settings or developed certain approaches to achieve different looks or are you keeping it clean and real?

I will probably shoot at 60i mostly with tripod. I also have a small jib I want to throw into the mix. Of course, I will want to set my self up properly for slow motion shots as well.

I have been producing for last few years now and have some experience with film. However, I do not have a lot experience to speak of with the DVX100b so fire away.

I’m all ears!

Rachel Bower March 26th, 2006 12:35 PM

Shooting in Regen/Preset to optimize post production?

I am shooting a documentary. I have the Panasonic DVX100A. I will be editing on FCP4. I did camera tests - tried to edit and couldn’t get the footage digitized. After a bit of exploring, I found out I should have had Recording set up set to REGEN and not PRESET.

I did more tests, and it seems to be digitizing fine. Things now seem to be working fine, however out of curiosity, are there other settings I should be using for optimal post production?

(should I post this on another forum?)

Thanks!

Michael Gottino March 27th, 2006 01:02 PM

LCD Screen Protection?

Does anyone use a Screen protector for their LCD screen like the stuff you can get to protect a palm pilot? Does it create unwanted lack of detail and thus useless? Do you have something else you find that works better?

How durable have you veteran DVX users found the LCD screen to be? ie: thin scrathes, mars etc.

DVX 100b owner Thanks~

Matthew J Campbell March 31st, 2006 03:27 AM

Trail building screen grabs

I'm doing some behind the scenes for some outdoor trail building and it was a gorgeous day outside. I took a bunch of footage, then tweaked a bit. Here they are.
edit: Server is down, it should be up pretty soon.

http://www.desktopgamer.com/dvx/MB1.gif
http://www.desktopgamer.com/dvx/MB2.gif
http://www.desktopgamer.com/dvx/MB3.gif
http://www.desktopgamer.com/dvx/MB4.gif

Bob Limberg March 31st, 2006 01:51 PM

Scene File Tips Needed

I'm ready to try 30P with my new DVX100B and would appreciate any tips for the Scene File settings.

Monte Comeau April 5th, 2006 03:14 AM

Lens Hood for Wide angle lens?

I purchased the AG-LW4307 wide angle lens for the DVC60 and was wondering if anyone knew where I could pick up a lens hood for it.

Saturnin Kondratiew April 12th, 2006 09:07 AM

Documentary shot on DVX100a

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kS4jFLZyqqY

Jon Fordham April 12th, 2006 03:10 PM

Jack Smith & the Destruction of Atlantis - World Premiere 2006 Tribeca Film Festival!

Jack Smith and the Destruction of Atlantis, the feature documentary I shot for Mary Jordan, has been selected to make its world premiere at the 2006 Tribeca Film Festival!

Jack Smith and the Destruction of Atlantis (U.S.A.) – World Premiere
Directed and Written by Mary Jordan

Jordan creates a mesmerizing collage of images and audio from the life and work of Jack Smith, the underground filmmaker, photographer, performance artist, and anti-capitalist, who worked in New York from the 1960's until his death in 1989. Highlights include the story behind the Supreme Court case over the banning of his 1963 film classic Flaming Creatures.

Jack Smith and the Destruction of Atlantis will make its world premiere on Wednesday, April 26 at 7:30pm at the AMC Village VII, 66 Third Ave (at 11th St), New York. Jack will then make his South East Premiere at the 2006 Miami Gay and Lesbian Film Festival on Saturday, April 29 at 10:00pm, at the Regal Cinema South Beach, Florida.

Interviews and original footage for this film were shot in 25P on the PAL DVX100.

========
Screenings are as follows:

2006 TRIBECA FILM FESTIVAL SCREENINGS

WORLD PREMIERE: Wednesday, April 26, 7:30 pm - AMC Village VII, 66 Third Ave (at 11th St), New York

Tuesday, May 2, 1:15 pm - AMC 34th Street, 312 W. 34th Street, New York

Wednesday, May 3, 10:00 pm - AMC 34th Street, 312 W. 34th Street, New York

Friday, May 5, 1:00 pm - AMC Village VII, 66 Third Ave (at 11th St), New York

Saturday, May 6, 5:00 pm - AMC Village VII, 66 Third Ave (at 11th St), New York

2006 MIAMI GAY AND LESBIAN FILM FESTIVAL SCREENINGS

Saturday, April 29, 10:00pm, Regal Cinema South Beach, Florida
========

Tickets are on sale NOW for all screenings. Buy your tickets early. These screenings will sell out FAST!!!

But wait, it doesn't stop there! Jack Smith and the Destruction of Atlantis will also be screening at the 2006 International Film Festival Rotterdam, Horizons/Frameline San Francisco International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, Era New Horizons Film Festival, Sydney International Film Festival, and the Brisbane International Film Festival!

So where ever you are in the world, chances are, Jack Smith will be screening at a film festival near you!!!

For more information check out:

Jack Smith and the Destruction of Atlantis

http://www.jacksmithandthedestructionofatlantis.com

Tribeca Film Festival

http://www.tribecafilmfestival.org

2006 Miami Gay and Lesbian Film Festival

http://www.mglff.com/index.htm

Please visit the festival websites and buy your tickets now. These screenings will sell out fast!

Jon

Jason D Chapman April 30th, 2006 12:09 AM

Latest Comedy sketch shot on DVC-30

Heres the latest, Shot w/ A DVC-30, on board mic and existing light(halogen floods i believe)

Must have Quicktime to view.

http://www.rabidanimalzoo.com/DickyV.mov

Thanks.

Feel free to Leave a comment.

Ashley Cooper May 7th, 2006 02:16 PM

NAB code for BH discount? I have 45min to buy!!

Sorry about this. I guess I just found the code by opening the link to it from Firefox rather than IE. IE brought up a more or less blank page. Firefox had all the cameras and their prices. Weird.
Again, sorry for the alarming post but am looking forward to joining the community!

Barry Hunt May 15th, 2006 04:15 AM

where to source parts for dvx100

hi there,

i just lost the screw that is on the lens to assist with you to focus - it is small and i lost it in grass - does anyone know where you can get parts for dvxs - panasonic i persume - its annoying to lose such a small piece - ii know it is not essential but i know there is a few feeling my pain. I would prefer if a truck had of ran over it and smashed it into pieces - but just a tiny screw-- head wrecking.. based in dublin , Ireland,

Jon Fordham May 15th, 2006 06:17 PM

Jack Smith WINS @ 2006 Tribeca Film Festival

Jack Smith and the Destruction of Atlantis Won the BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE HONORABLE MENTION @ the 2006 TRIBECA FILM FESTIVAL

Shot on the PAL DVX100 in 25P and projected from 1080/25P HDCAM, the film screened to sold out crowds every night, and was a triumphant success!

"...for celebrating such an uncompromising figure, it's one of the most accessible portraits of an avant-garde filmmaker ever made!" - The Village Voice

You can read the Variety review here: http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117...goryId=31&cs=1

For more information check out:
http://www.jacksmithandthedestructionofatlantis.com

Joel Arthurs May 21st, 2006 10:38 PM

Matte Box For Dvx-100a,b

Matte Box for DVX-100a,b
currently

FOLDING SIDE FLAGS
DETACHABLE TOP HOOD
HOLDS ONE 4X4 FILTER
FOLDS TO A COMPACT SIZE
EASILY TWISTS ON SNUG
IMPACT RESISTANT ABS PLASTICS
LIGHTWEIGHT AND NO RODS NEEDED

for more pics.
www.hysonfilms.com

$103.00
This mattebox only holds one 4x4 filter,
no rotation. Only 12 made

Contact me
joelart05@yahoo.com
for mor info. and orders
paypal account : joelart05@yahoo.com

Andrew McCarrick May 31st, 2006 09:10 PM

DVX Andromeda Rental?

Is there any place that rents out DVX Andromedas?

Chris Guagliardo June 26th, 2006 11:13 AM

DVX100B Tripod Mounting Plate

Recently I purchased the AG DVX100b and couldn't be happier with the video it produces. The only problem I've had with the camera is actually the way it is designed to fasten to the tripod plate. Admittedly it would be easier to describe the problem with a photo, but if anyone has had the same problem, they should be able to recognize the situation: The 100b attaches to the plate just like any other camera. The only exception is that the recieving thread for the plate is actually built into a smaller square inch metal piece that is attached to the camera itself with four, tiny (eye-glasses screw sized) screws. These screws seem hardly enough to even support the weight of the camera, and any sudden movements (flash pans) will cause the screws to come loose, or even cause the camera to fall from the tripod plate. Other than a jolt here or there, we've used the camera nominally. Has anyone else had this problem? Is this typical of the poorly designed 100b or does this sound like a factory defect?

David Bird July 12th, 2006 03:30 PM

Pana AG-DVC 200 - WB help

Since this is the only Panasonic heading on the forum, I thought I'd give it a shot...

I have a Pana AG-DVC200 and I need some understanding of white balance procedure. According to the manual, the user should set the CC/ND dial to whatever lighting condition you find yourself in....3200k or 5600k...focus on a "white" something, and hit the auto white balance switch. What about flouresent (sp). Set for 3200k, focus on a white card, white balance and hope for the best?

ANY assistance would be appreciated.....and if I'm in the wrong forum, I apologize.

Thanks - David Bird

Patricia Yurkinas July 14th, 2006 12:01 PM

Panasonic DVX100B built-in mic sound problem

Hi there

I recently purchased a DVX100B and am having a sound issue using the built-in mics.
I first noticed the sound level on VCR playback was quite low, so I set the input controls to their highest level (which already tells me there is a problem, as the manual says setting the dials at the half-way point should be fine.)
They are ok now, but still not very loud.
I then checked to see how the input levels would be on FCP and even with the highest setting on my camera, they are FAR below the 0 decibel line on the audio playback screen on FCP.
I am shooting only about 3 feet from my subject, and compared the audio levels to similar footage I took with my old Sony DCR-TRV10 and the Sony levels seem perfectly normal, dipping above and below the 0 decibel line.

Any help you can offer is greatly apprectiated! As you can probably tell from my pseudo-technical language, I am a real novice.

Patricia Yurkinas July 20th, 2006 08:04 PM

Can I edit 24P, 30P, and 60i footage in same FCP project?

I am just learning how to use my DVX100B.

While I want to shoot in 24P, it seems there are times when switching to 30P and 60i (for slow motion and ONE SHOT, repectively) is necessary.

If I shoot in different fps, how is importing these segments to FCP affected? Do I need to do anything different in Log and Capture for the different segments?

Also, what about the timeline? I have read about "progressive-scan timelines" and have no idea how to tell the program what I want to use. Do I want to use a 24fps timeline, and if so, how do I tell the computer that?

Finally, why would I want to use 24P versus 24P Advanced?

Thanks!

Drew Sommers July 23rd, 2006 07:57 PM

DVX100a lcd image shake

I plan on having an authorized repair shop take a look at it, but I thought I would see if the community had any words of advice. On Thursday, my dvx100a worked beautifully no problems. Today, Sunday, 3 days later I go to set up my dvx100a and the lcd's image is shaking like crazy. The image in the VF is just fine no problems. But the lcd's image is crazy sometimes you can see the image and it just jogs all over the place other times the image is just black with a few lines of color thru the lcd. Is there anything that could cause this to happen??

The camera just sat in its bag at a normal tempature, why would one day it work perfectly, the next it the lcd is shot? I don't know, has anyone else experienced something like this? Any advice would be appreciated.

Benjamin Hill August 10th, 2006 10:58 AM

16:9 or 4:3? 30P or 60i?

I'll be shooting an educational children's video, destination DVD distribution, and am trying to weigh 30P vs. 60i. Most of the good children's stuff I've seen (Sesame Street, Blue's Clues, etc) looks like 60i. But I am interested in the higher resolution of 30P- does anyone have an opinion on one versus the other?

Also, I have read that you should "future-proof" by shooting 16:9; but I can't recall seeing any children's videos in letterboxed format, and am concerned about giving up the pixels in the already-small DV format.

My inclination therefore is to do 4:3, 30P, to fill up the TV screen with a nice image. I'd appreciate any feedback or advice from people who have used the DVX for professional work.

Thomas Smet August 10th, 2006 11:54 AM

3:2 order for 24p?

I am working on some software to handle 24p and I need to know what order the 3:2 pulldown is per shot.

1. Is the 3:2 pulldown anyways running and whenever you hit record that is how it gets put down for each shot?

2. Each shot starts off with the same pulldown order?

3. The tape retains the same 3:2 pattern throughout the whole tape so when the tape is played back the pattern will stay the same?

Thanks for any input

Michael Crabtree August 12th, 2006 12:28 PM

fade function and superimposing time and date

trying to decide between xl2 and dvx 100b; leaning towards dvx (get a rebate etc); but in addition to the creative cine look abilities of the cameras; i also need time and date burned onto video and a fade function (for legal depositions).........can either or both do these things
thanks a lot
michael

Kenny Emeson August 21st, 2006 09:05 AM

DVX short-CLIMACTIC

Hey guys and girls...just wanted to share this little 5 minute short I did in my house to test out the DVX. It was completed in a day, except for the music of course. It was screened at the DCIFF in March. Lemme know what you think... Climactic

http://www.cladiyaentertainment.com/...climacticM.wmv

Sorry, this is a really compressed version.

Also have another short in post right now, that was shot on a DVX.........

http://www.cladiyaentertainment.com/media/thorazine.wmv

Jonathan Shannon September 6th, 2006 08:05 AM

Field lines out of synch?

Greetings:

I have an occasional problem with my field order lines being out of synch. It doesn't happen when there is little or no action. For example, I was shooting small branches. All was fine until the wind came up and got the leaves and branches to flutter rapidly...at which point the field order lines went out of synch.

Anyone have a solution? Do I simply need to increase the shutter speed..or is it something else?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Jon

Peter Jefferson October 3rd, 2006 12:52 AM

Just so you know...

the DVX100 can "unofficially" playback DVCam tapes.. btu dont FFWd, else youll get dropouts and loss of sync

when playing, hit play, and it will take about 3 to 5 seconds for the deck to respond (as opposed to instantaneous response)

but it IS possible... which is lucky for me...

thought id share the findings..

by the way, technically, the DVX shoudlnt be able to do this.. but it does.. so im not complaining.. lol

Matt Bishop October 13th, 2006 10:24 PM

will this work..

I have a new dvx100b and am getting a matte box for it. A lot of those out there are 16:9 format which I won't be shooting in all the time. Will those still work and not be in the way if I'm shooting 4:3 ? I am specifically looking at this one. Any problems with this matte box on the dvx in 4:3 mode??
Also, does it sit on the rods and screw into the lens..how is it secured?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

thanks!!

Federico Prieto October 19th, 2006 01:12 PM

DVC30-Firestore FS100 and Timelapse

Recently I bought a Firestore FS100 for my HVX-200. Then I knew this external disc supports my DVC30 too.

So, the question I have is if I can get real progressive frames using DVC30 and firestore for timelapse, or just I will get electronically interpolates interlaced images like the camera does?

Is there any other advantage or comments for the DVC30 with the Firestore (diferent than long time recording)?

Thanks

FP