Can you edit on FCP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old October 2nd, 2002, 02:21 AM   #1
GreenRubberPlant

Can you edit on FCP

I have a question. I own a g4 titanium and FCP, if I shoot 24p mode from the dvx100 am I able to edit on fcp in 24 frames per second. And if i have to convert it to 29.97, will that significantly change my image look.
Old October 2nd, 2002, 09:26 AM   #2
Space Hipster

There are two 24p modes (see the resource link at the top of this forum for links to Panasonic's 24p FAQ and manual & brochure for camera), standard and advanced.

If you shoot standard mode, normal telecine pulldown is applied and you edit in FCP or other NLE at 29.97 and just watch for judder frames.

If you shoot advanced mode, then right now, your extract the true 24fps using DVFilmmaker (see extended thread in this forum).

Apple has announced that they will support advanced mode 24P off this camera at some point in a newer release, but no dates yet.
Old October 2nd, 2002, 06:37 PM   #3
donking!

So the same applies to all NLEs? Such as Avid Xpress DV?
Old October 2nd, 2002, 10:20 PM   #4
Warden

I thought Apple Cinema Tools supported it now and a future version of FCP would support it. Anyone heard about this?

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant