DVXUser Batteries at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Closed Thread

Old June 11th, 2005, 05:58 PM   #1
Derek Underwood

DVXUser Batteries

Another question, how many people have purchased the 5,000 mah batteries from DVXUser.net? Are they reliable? It sounds too good to be true at 69 dollars a pop. Don't wanna get scammed....anybody please reply ASAP.

Old June 11th, 2005, 10:29 PM   #2
Major Player

Best deal.....

around bar none. Jarred Land uses the best type of connections. I've got about 5 of his batteries. Long lasting and tough.
Old June 12th, 2005, 01:12 AM   #3
Barry Wan Kenobi

We've been using them extensively on a feature for the last 13 weeks. They work exactly as you'd expect. Two of them are all you need to get through a full 14-hour day (use one, charge the other, then swap).
Old June 12th, 2005, 10:24 AM   #4
Major Player

Yep, they are good batteries. Just make sure to order them 2-3 weeks before you need them. They don't always ship fast, and things seem to happen...
Old June 15th, 2005, 06:42 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I use these batteries too, works like a charm, no kidding!
Old June 16th, 2005, 07:17 AM   #6
Trustee

Yes, the batteries are top notch. Order fulfillment time isn't always fast since they aren't really a shop, but they are worth the wait (and worth more than the price).
Old June 23rd, 2005, 02:52 PM   #7
New Boot

I just got my bat from Jared today. It is 5600mah as the 5000s are disco. If Jared is in the process of creating a new site to sell the 5600's for $79.00. I payed $69.00 for a 5000 and he upgraded mine to a 5600 for free as well as everyone else who has ordered the 5000's. Jared is the bomb. I cant wait to use my bat tonight.......
Old June 23rd, 2005, 09:23 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I agree, jarred is the BOMB! The battery is awesome, works and charges good.
Old June 25th, 2005, 04:32 PM   #9
Major Player

Sorry guys,
whats the link please. Sounds great.

Jeff Patnaude
Old June 25th, 2005, 05:13 PM   #10
Obstreperous Rex

The link is http://www.dvxuser.com/articles/battery/

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old July 2nd, 2005, 05:40 PM   #11
Regular Crew

How long does it take to ship

I ordered this battery nearly 2 weeks ago. This guy Jarred was quick to get back to me before I purchased. Since I have purchased the battery, I have emailed him 3 times to get the shipping info. He has yet to write me back. It may just be he is away.

I am just curious how long it took some of you who have the battery to get it.
Old July 2nd, 2005, 08:35 PM   #12
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Derek,

Jarred pursues a living as a filmmaker and that's a full-time job. I only know him online, we've never met, but I believe his battery deal is more of a service to the DVX community than anything else. In other words, I think that's just a side gig, a favor he does for DVX folks, it's not like the man can sit around all day watching for email.

I guess my point is that you'll have much better luck pursuing this on the DVX User site. Mentioning any issues here isn't going to help anyone or accomplish anything. Why not post this question directly over there, I'm sure you'll get it resolved much more quickly that way. Good luck,

Old July 2nd, 2005, 09:42 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Hi Chris. It was a simple question. Not looking to get anything resolved. Just wondering if it was typical for that long of a wait. This was a thread about this particular battery so I was asking a question about this battery. I purchased this battery because of this thread, and made many attempts to contact them through the website with no avail.

I don't expect anyone to hover over their email, but, even if you are a film maker or what ever you do, if you are going to have a business in which you sell something, it is good to be able to take care of your customers.
Old July 2nd, 2005, 11:44 PM   #14
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Derek,

I have every confidence that DVX User takes care of its customers -- and you have read plenty of great feedback earlier in this thread insuring that -- but once again, this is not the proper venue for airing such an issue. Please post directly to the DVX User message board as I'm sure that will accomplish something. As far as I'm concerned, it's none of our business so this thread is now closed. As I suggested before, please go directly to the source and post on that board. Thanks,

Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant