Info on PAL DVX100 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old November 1st, 2002, 08:05 PM   #16
New Boot

Price

Based upon the rumor:

Street prices for the DVX100 in the USA for the NTSC version is $3395. If the PAL street price is &3400 (pounds), at a 1.5639 conversion rate, that would place it at $5317 US. And then you need to nab DV Atlantis to convert to NTSC.

3400 pounds = 5,317.19 US dollars (noon) ratio 1.5639 (0.6394)

I think for _my_ needs, the PAL version is out of the question, since I would also need a PAL monitor and other PAL equipment to use on the acquisition side. For myself, this cool camera is already out of my budget, but I think I'm going to get one anyway. =P

Tim
Tim Otholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2002, 11:39 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Tim, Vegas Video has excellent PAL to NTSC coversion features. You can capture / edit in PAL then do final render to NTSC. Works great. Works just as good for NTSC to PAL .

I've tried the trial version of DVfilmMaker and can't get it to work at all. Creates really large video files filled with nothing but the dvfilmmaker watermark and grey background. Since I'm not a registered user, I can't get support either. Others seem to have had better luck with it.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2002, 10:58 PM   #18
Contributor

<<<-- Originally posted by jojolimited : I've tried the trial version of DVfilmMaker and can't get it to work at all. >>>

You might try the new release, 1.06a for Maker and 1.05a for Atlantis. Several bugs relating to DV-AVI's were fixed.

Here are the links:
http://www.dvfilm.com/maker
http://www.dvfilm.com/atlantis

<<<--- Since I'm not a registered user, I can't get support either. -->>>

Who says? I don't recall any email from you so I guess you didn't even try. We aim for 100% satisfaction and frequently help users trying the demo version, because that's where bugs are reported first.

For progressive-scan PAL, Vegas and DVFilm Atlantis yield similar results, except that Atlantis is much faster.

For interlaced PAL however, the way Vegas does the conversion is entirely different. It blends fields of PAL together to create fields of NTSC, whereas Atlantis treats each PAL frame as a progressive-scan image (converting the PAL frames to progressive-scan with a selective deinterlacer). Atlantis simulates a film to NTSC conversion, and so it's really a film-look converter, not a general purpose converter.

Vegas can be made to do this in 2 passes, but it's deinterlacer is not selective, it deinterlaces even where no motion is present, cutting your vertical resolution by 50%.

Atlantis is also 1/3rd the cost, $145 vs $420.
Marcus van Bavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2002, 11:27 AM   #19
Inner Circle

The latest version did it(dated 11/.02/2002). thanks. Vegas does a lot more than
conversion so the price comparison is not really fair.
Still I like what the dvfilmmaker is doing. I'm gonna try to more clips and see what happens.
Old November 3rd, 2002, 03:01 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Marcus, btw, I joined the yahoo group dvfilmtransfer. the results from my little Pana 1chip camera were very impressive.
Old February 12th, 2003, 06:08 PM   #21
New Boot

Atlantis VS ACE

Before jumping on Atlantis check the link below:
http://www.gthelectronics.com/featurec.htm
Philippe Orlando is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant