Shooting in high elevation at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old August 1st, 2005, 04:21 PM   #1
New Boot

Who's shot in high elevation? I mean REALLY high!

I'll be shooting in a decompression chamber simulated to 25,000 ft elevation to see the effects of flight attendants with cabin pressure loss. Does anyone know what this elevation simulation will do to a DVX-100A? I'll be shooting on the 15th of August and hope to have some knowledge before hand. Thanks for your responses

Last edited by Gregg Therieau; August 1st, 2005 at 09:21 PM. Reason: hoping to catch more attention
Gregg Therieau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 11:45 PM   #2
New Boot

It worked!

Just wanted to let you all know that the DVX100a works very well in a decompression chamber simulated to 25,000 ft elevation. It's gonna be really cool footage to see as well. It'll be on the Travel Channel this fall about Frontier Airlines flight attendants, tentatively titled, Flight Attendant School. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
Gregg Therieau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2005, 04:58 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Therieau
Just wanted to let you all know that the DVX100a works very well in a decompression chamber simulated to 25,000 ft elevation. It's gonna be really cool footage to see as well. It'll be on the Travel Channel this fall about Frontier Airlines flight attendants, tentatively titled, Flight Attendant School. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
next time im up 25thousand feet, i'll keep in mind that the dvx will still kick ass.. lol

sorry mate, i thought this was funny, but you know what, its friggin awesome information, i honeslty think you shoudl let Pana know abotu this, as its not somthing they would do as an R&D exericise. Im not kidding either

there have been afew docos made wth the dvx in stupidly high altitudes as well as almost unforgiving environments, so its good to know that the camera is as robust as i always thought it was.
Im not the only one pushing the unit.. i cant say the same for the z1 though.. had many problems with condensation but i think its from the the plastic/composite lense, as oppsed to the full glass elements of the DVX.
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2005, 08:34 PM   #4
New Boot

I'll definitely let Panasonic know they've got kick ass cameras!
Gregg Therieau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant