setting up fs4 firestore w/dvx100b-how? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old April 27th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #1
Major Player

setting up fs4 firestore w/dvx100b-how?

setting up fs4 firestore w/dvx100b-how?

i'm a newbie with firestore fs4 and dvx100b looking for insights into getting quality footage.

set-up tips?

best settings?

i'm probably shooting 30p and i cut on final cut pro so would want the best settings for easy integration.

headaches to avoid?

any and all thoughts are greatly appreciated.

be well

rob
Rob Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 11:06 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: setting up fs4 firestore w/dvx100b-how?

I see that you wrote this post in April. Although this reply is several weeks from when you posted your questions, I hope that it will be at least a little help to you.

Been successfully using the FS4-Pro with my aging yet happy Canon GL2 for a number of years. Been editing the Quicktime files in Final Cut Pro for as long as I had the program. (Prior to Final Cut Pro, was successfully using earlier versions of Vegas.) Getting good quality footage simply means setting up the video camera (for both audio and video) to your liking. The GL2 records regular DV footage and the FS4-Pro recorded the footage just fine. Of course, I need a tape in the GL2 in order to run the FS4-Pro for any length of time. Never had any problems with synchronization between the audio and video.

I'm relatively new to Panasonic's AG-DVX100B. Still learning how to set it up to take great looking footage. Today, I tested AG-DVX100B for the first time with the FS4-Pro. So far, they both seemed to work fine together. The FS4-Pro recorded the Quicktime files just fine; it seemed to accurately represent what I saw through the video camera. What is nice is that the user does not need a tape in the AG-DVX100B in order to run the FS4-Pro. Just make sure that the FS4-Pro is set to "Tapeless".

When I purchased the (used) AG-DVX100B, I also purchased the FS200-Pro which I've successfully been using for the past few projects. What's nice about the FS200-Pro is that there are no moving parts, unlike the FS4-Pro which has a hard disk drive. Thankfully, my FS4-Pro is still working after owning it for a number of years.

I am sorry that I can not help you more in setting up the FS4-Pro to ensure that you have good footage. All I can say is that it seems to be all camera-dependent. Whatever I see on the camera is what seems to be recorded on the FS4-Pro. I do have the FS4-Pro set to create Quicktime files, which are set to regular DV format. These files are easily editable using Final Cut Pro. I will also say that the AG-DVX100B plus either the FS4-Pro or the FS200-Pro equals a dependable and tapeless set-up (for me, anyway).

I look forward to reading what other people have to share. Good luck to you. :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant