dvx100A 500.00 rebate confusion, purchase dates at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old November 13th, 2005, 05:50 PM   #1
New Boot

dvx100A 500.00 rebate confusion, purchase dates

I don't know if anyone here is tight enough with Panasonic to know the answer to this or not. On Panasonic's web-site it states that to qualify for the 500 rebate the purchase must be made by December 31st and the rebate is filed online. On B&H's website (with whom I'd be making the purchase) it states in a downloadable PDF that must be mailed to Panasonic the the purchase must be made by the 31st of October.

Anybody know the deal here? I'd like to trust Panasonic's site because the deal would still be valid. B&H actually has it in print though (PDF) that it is expired.
Toby Fraley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2005, 04:26 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I bought one the other day and called B&H to ask the same question. They said the rebate has been extended and just to fill out the form on their website and mail it in. So you should be good.
Old November 16th, 2005, 06:06 PM   #3
Barry Wan Kenobi

As long as Panasonic's site says you're good, then you're good. Actually it's pretty much between Panasonic and B&H, as most every other store is sold out of DVX100As. So B&H may be the only place that has any left.

But the rebate comes from Panasonic, not B&H. So if Panasonic says Dec. 31st, then you should have nothing to worry about.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2005, 09:35 AM   #4
New Boot

Online Rebate

Hey,
I filed for my $500 rebate online through Panasonic when I got my camera about two months ago, so if you do this by the 31st, you will definitely be in the go. Mailing in the forms isn't necessary.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul Benjamin Robertson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant