porta brace bag for dvx100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old January 6th, 2003, 11:13 AM   #1
New Boot

porta brace bag for dvx100

looked at the new bag made for this camera by porta brace on their website. can't tell much from the side view and cradle illustrations. has anyone purchased this bag, model csd4 or csd4m (matte)? does it have room for accessories like hotshoe, batts, tapes, mic, cables, light? i have the bag made for the pd150 and i like it. in general i like their products. i also have their monitor case. if you bought one, how much did you pay? any input would be insightful. thanks. ej
E.J. Milkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2003, 03:40 PM   #2
Major Player

i JUST got the cs-dv4 case, it is very well made and has a ton of room.

that said i have it at capacity already!

maybe i'm carrying too much crap...

dvx-100a
me-66 with rycote softie
rycote pistol hand grip with shock mount
at-8415 shockmount for mounting on camera
senn evo-500 wireless trans/recv + mic plug on
senn handheld mic
sony gv-800 mini-dv video walkman
a few fairly short xlr cables
a few batteries and a few tapes
set of warm cards

i have it packed tight!

if i have to emtpy it out at a tsa checkpoint it will be quite funny to watch.

matthew
Matthew de Jongh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2003, 05:54 PM   #3
New Boot

Just bought my 100a at B&H yesterday, was all set to get the Porta Brace for the camera, but looked at Petrol bags. I've always been a fan of PB, and have owned many of them over the years, but the Petrol case, had much more rigid protection, more pockets, and compartments, and seemed much more substantial than the PB, so I got it. It's model PCUB-1 and it even comes packaged with the 3.5" monitor hood for the 100a, also made by Petrol.
Eric Lenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2003, 10:21 PM   #4
DVX User

Yeah I saw those petrol bags at DVexpo west last month... they really are nice bags. Let us know how it goes after a month or two of use.
Jarred Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2004, 08:57 PM   #5
Regular Crew

There are 3 different porta brace model cases for the dvx100:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=search&Q=&b=258&shs=ag-dvx100&ci=1&sortDrop=ps_desc&bl=&al=&pn=1&shs=ag-dvx100&pn=1&ci=1&Submit.x=36&Submit.y=9

Namely, the CSDV4, CSDV4CR3, and CSDV4M. This is too confusing. I think I'll get a hard case from another manufacturer, like Pelican or the one Charles Papert uses.
Marc Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2004, 09:06 PM   #6
Major Player

well i have a hard case that is perfect for the dvx-100, the problem is all of the extras...

even if i had it all lined with foam with cut-outs to hold all of the little bits and pieces it would be tough to keep opening the case and pulling it in/out of the foam cut-outs.

i think the porta-brace, or other soft bag with adequate pockets for bits-pieces is better for day to day use.

i may still use the hardig hard case for the dvx-100 for traveling on planes, but so far the soft bag seems better all around for the on the go, stop and go shooting i anticipate.

matthew
Matthew de Jongh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2004, 06:22 AM   #7
Regular Crew

You may want to call Willis at Porta Brace. About a month ago he was developing a larger case for the dvx100. It should be ready by now.
Adam Lubkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2004, 04:38 PM   #8
Major Player

i gotta comment on the porta brace bag, its gonna sound silly but i JUST took a flight from hartford CT to Philadelphia and at the airport in bradley the security guy was super nice to me when he saw the prota brace bag, he knew what was in there and didn't open it up or hassle me whatsoever, he was extra careful with the bag and went out of his way to be careful running it through the machine and walked around the machine to give it back to me

then at the hotel in philly the bellhop knew what it was and locked it up for me in a special security cage because our room wasn't ready yet and we wanted to go walk around.

silly but sometimes perception is reality.

people seem to already recognize the porta brace bag as a "pro" equipment thing.

matthew
Matthew de Jongh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant