DVX100 Capturing to adobe turn out CRAP! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old January 17th, 2006, 02:05 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVX100 Capturing to adobe turn out CRAP!

Hey guys I shot some footage which I believe is 24p Standard, but may be Advanced, Im editing it from a long long time ago.

So my problem is, when I capture it as 24p progressive it looks beautiful on the computer, I output it to a dvd and I burned it progressive as well and it gets choppy as hell, So I tryed capturing 29.97, interlaced low fields first, with drop frame... Still looks choppy, a bit better but not the greatest..

Can someone give me some clues as to how to get this to look better? am I missing a small detail? Thanks guys,

Lyndon
Lyndon Golanowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 02:11 PM   #2
Barry Wan Kenobi

I'm not a Premiere Pro user, but it's my understanding that Premiere Pro 1 and 1.5 didn't have proper support for one of the pulldown systems. 2.0 should fix that.

Hopefully a Premiere user will write in and give you some detailed instructions on what you need to do.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 06:27 PM   #3
Regular Crew

PPro 1.0 doesn't support 24p directly. It should play 24p normal material without any problem and you should treat the output to DVD just like 29.97fps material. With Premiere Pro 1.5, the problem Barry refers to is that it detects and removes the pulldown whether you want it to or not. Then there are often luminance issues on playback when working with 24pn material.

Need to know which version you're working with and how you are attempting to output to DVD (Export to DVD, Export via Media Encoder, or what). Then we can look at your specific settings.
Preston Herrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 08:12 PM   #4
Major Player

premiere 1.0 captures 24p without a problem(without having support for it). Same thing with pro 1.5 i've never had an issue. The only problem i get is when i try to work on both 60i and 24p on the same timeline in 1.5 but 2.0 should fix it.
Saturnin Kondratiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 08:17 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I ended up buying Vegas 6.0 today, It is AWSOME!

This worked out wierd though, I capture the footage at 29.97, the project is 23.97 and then i published it 23.97 inserting 2-3 pulldown, and it came out perfect, I can't notice a difference anyway on computer or screen ( I burnt DVD which might of even coded it a bit more different) Anyways thats my report, if anyone has any comments about it please let me know.

thx
Old January 26th, 2006, 09:33 PM   #6
Major Player

after using premiere for a few years, i tried vegas and i just couldnt get into it
Old February 1st, 2006, 08:07 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnin Kondratiew
after using premiere for a few years, i tried vegas and i just couldnt get into it
Same thing here. I just can't get the Vegas workflow. It's easier to go from Premiere to FinalCutPro.

Funny thing is, my old PC is actually faster then my current G5. Render and encoding times are killing me. Used to be a Premiere & Matrox RTX100 user; hence the intolerance to waiting. After having tried it, I actually get things done faster with the PC, even if it crashed on me 2 to 3 times a day, then on the steady and stable Mac. I just can't take it anymore, I'm actually selling my Mac and FCP to go back to PC with the new Adobe Video Suite. Strange to have come full circle.
Frederic Segard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 08:17 PM   #8
Regular Crew

yeah, well i havnt premiere pro 2 but i have the version before that and its crap compared to vegas for 24p anyway....
Old February 1st, 2006, 08:23 PM   #9
Major Player

its all about how u get into editing, all teh software does prettymuch the same thing nowadyas anyway.

I've tried em all at one point except FCP and the only one that suited me was premiere.
Now, with intel taking over as the chip maker for MAC, there will be lots to rejoice for MAC fans, i would think and hope.

I'm still workin in pro 1.5 due to the fact that i havent finished my big project but after i will be upgrading to 2.0.
Old February 7th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Vegas all the way.

Sony Vegas has the best 24p advanced pulldown in their editing for pc. Haven't tried in on Avid but I tried Premiere pro 1.5 on a project that both me and my partner were both working on..and It came out choppy in the final output. After wasting 2 hours to trying to correct it.... I ended up just taking the project over to vegas and it came out beautiful. No dropouts, sync problems and it was lot easier to edit. I'm sold on it and hopefully with the 6.0d upgrade coming soon it should get even better. Hopefully with the HVX codec possiblity even though there is a third party one available now thru raylight.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant