DVC 30 Missing Manual or something? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old March 3rd, 2006, 12:45 PM   #1
New Boot

DVC 30 Missing Manual or something?

I just purchased a DVC 30. My previous camera was a Sony digital 8 TRV 350. I'm a little confused with this new camera and the level of control it offers. I'd like to purchase a book or manual that would give me a good idea of how best to take advantage of this camera. The manual that comes with the camera is a bit skinny on info.

Tim
Tim Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 02:00 PM   #2
Inner Circle

First huge difference you've got (compared to your D8), is the ability to set white balance. Auto only white balance is my pet peeve with Sony's D8s.
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 05:33 PM   #3
New Boot

I have figured some of it out.

I love the white balance, it is way superior even in auto. The only complaint I have with the camera is with the on board mic. it seems inferior to the one on the TRV 350. I'd like to find something that details how to use a camera like this. I know that eventually I'll figure most of it out myself and with the help of this board. Just iching to learn faster.

Tim
Tim Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 08:12 PM   #4
Major Player

first, turn off frame mode. picture will look much better.

second, turn setup to 0% if you are in NTSC land.

third, if you plug the analog outputs into your tv and you are in NTSC land, know that your blacks will look crushed.

fourth, tweek away. I have all of my setups tweeked to give different looks. The problem I have is i can never decide which one I like.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant