DVXuser battery at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old March 17th, 2006, 08:17 PM   #1
New Boot

DVXuser battery

Anyone out there have the DVXuser battery? Does it have all the magic that they claim?
Ruben Contreras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006, 12:43 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Have you tried asking at DVX User? www.dvxuser.com

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006, 12:24 PM   #3
New Boot

I thought there'd be a bias. I come asking here hoping for a neutral opinion.
Ruben Contreras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2006, 06:37 AM   #4
New Boot

I'll be ordering one in a few weeks, currently I have the original panasonic battery and an impact 3600mha replacement, will let you know.
Brendan Bhagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2006, 06:47 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben Contreras
I thought there'd be a bias. I come asking here hoping for a neutral opinion.
Well, Jarred would probably not pop in and pimp his batteries. You'd get answers from people who bought them, though...pros and cons.

Actually, if you do a search, you'll probably find a few dozen threads in DVXUser talking about them already whoihc might save some time (and the inevitable "use the search" posts. :) )
Daniel J. Wojcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2006, 10:44 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I have...

I have two of them and use them 4-5 days a week. They work great and have lasted for several months so far.

Hope that helps.
Nathan Chaszeyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2006, 06:12 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I have them for my DVX 100A

I'm a fan of the DVXuser battery. It lives up to the sell.
Old March 28th, 2006, 12:31 AM   #8
Regular Crew

I've got a couple (of the older models) that I've had for almost 2 years. They work just fine.
Joe Kras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 11:41 AM   #9
Major Player

I've got one and it works just fine.
Reid Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 11:56 PM   #10
New Boot

Thanks. I had the same question and was also concerned about possible bias on that site. However, if John vouches for them, that's good enough for me!

How does the DVXuser battery compare the the Panasonic CGR-D54 (the big one) besides price? The Panasonic is $150, the DVXuser one is $80.

Last edited by Brian Henderson; May 3rd, 2006 at 12:52 AM.
Brian Henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 06:29 PM   #11
DVX User

well i might as well come do some piming :)

ha ha ha.

anyways.. our batteries are very similar to the 5400's.. you probally wont know the difference. Same as the lenamars, very similar. Just beware of the really cheap ones, they are usually factory defects that have a huge voltage swing that isn't so good for sensitive electronics. Ours are cheaper then the panasonic ones not because they are cheaper to make, its just I get them right from the manufacture instead of going from the manufacturer to Panasonic then to a distributor then to the dealer.

There are a few places pimping 6000mah cells.. right now that mah rating is impossible, and the manufactures just re-label the 5400 cells as 6000mahs... i know cause they asked me if I wanted to re-label mine as 6000 as a few of thier customers were requesting it.

To understand how the numbers work, its just like CPU manufacturing. They get in a box of 3.6v cells (for us they use those in pairs to get to 7.2v), they test them, and they test between say 5000mah and 5800mah. The majority of cells is the number they pick (like if 80% test at 5600, they mark them all at 5600). The better manufactures take the samples they tested at 5000-5200mah and put those in the lower class.

Regardless.. its all a number game, just get whatever battery works for you. Ours are midnight blue and have (i think) cooler labels, but besides that they all work about the same.
Jarred Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 09:08 PM   #12
Regular Crew

I've had 2 so far. Bought one when I bought my DVX about 2 years ago or so. First few charges, it didn't come up to full charge for some reason. Told Jarred about it, and he said to use it for awhile and see what happens. It started full charging shortly there after so I gave it no more thought. I guess it must have been almost a year later and it pooped out. Sent Jarred an email, he sent me a new battery. This ones been fine.

Seems about as good as you need it to be. As a manufacturer myself, I know what it takes to keep things going and customers happy. I'd say Jarred is doing it well.

-Rodger
Old May 7th, 2006, 02:03 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarred Land
well i might as well come do some piming :)

Just beware of the really cheap ones, they are usually factory defects that have a huge voltage swing that isn't so good for sensitive electronics.
I have to respond to this comment. I have three $25 4800Mah batteries (Panasonic CGR-D54 clone) and have had no problems at all with them. In fact...they last just as long as the Panasonic CGR-D54 I have.
On a voltage meter they are consistent and identical to the Panasonic.

I am not knocking your product, and agree that if you get one with inconsistent voltage I would not use it...but in my personal opinion OEM's are really ripping off consumers. If DVXuser can offer the same battery for 50% of the price (and make a profit) then why can't another reseller offer the battery at an even further reduction?

I say shop around and test the product. They are selling similar batteries to the Panasonic CGR-D54 for $25 and there is no difference in quality.
Monte Comeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 07:24 PM   #14
Regular Crew

I appreciate your comment Monte. When I questioned the statement that cheaper batteries have voltage swings, I was emailed off-list by someone telling me that this is not true. So there are two different opinions on this. You've provided evidence that, at least with your "cheap" batteries, there is no voltage swing.

I bought two large capacity (5400?, 5800?) batteries from Overstock.com for $50 each. I did a lot of searching, and these identical batteries (CTA brand) cost 2 - 3 times as much elsewhere. They cannot be shipped to a P.O. Box, but Overstock only uses the United States Postal Service, so you must get US mail to a physical address (or a friend who does). I've had these batteries for about a month, so it may be a little early to tell how good they are...but I'm happy with them so far.

Jon
Jonathan Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 08:08 PM   #15
Regular Crew

Well I cannot speak for everyone but I have not had any problems with inexpensive batteries, I refrain from calling them 'cheap' because the quality has been on par with the expensive brands.

I have purchased 6 batteries now for two cameras at Battery Street and have had 100% success with them. The Sony FA70's I picked up there for $20 and Sony sells them for $140!! I paid less for these 6 batteries than the OEM's would have charged me for 1. Something is wrong with this picture.

I looked at their eBay feedback rating and it is well above 99% for over 6000 sales. Most of the problems were regarding out of stock issues, not product quality, I am sure that Panasonic, Sony etc. get at least that percentage of problems with battery sales.

I don't think the argument (fear mongering?) that inexpensive batteries are lower in quality, damage cameras, explode etc. hold much validity or there would be a huge backlash from the 6000+ customers.
Monte Comeau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant