DVX100B Headphones at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old April 5th, 2006, 08:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVX100B Headphones

I noticed in Barry Green's book he talked about matching the impedance of the headphones to the camera -- and recommended the Sony MDR-7506 (63 ohms) for the DVX100 (32 ohm jack). Given that the DVX100B has a 100 ohm jack. I guess the question is, what sort of specs am I looking for in a headphone for the DVX100B to avoid an impedance mismatch and give adequate volume?

Dale
Dale Lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 08:42 PM   #2
Trustee

This is an interesting question that I'd like to know too cause I'm getting a 100B soon and I have those phones.
Old April 5th, 2006, 09:11 PM   #3
Regular Crew

No problem...

I've had my pair of 7506's for 6 years, no problem working with the 100, 100A, or 100B

I really dont like anything else (except for IFB earpiece or wraparound headphones) other than the 7506 for field or studio work, only have had to replace the earpads.

The Sennheiser HD280 Pros sound better on the 100A (more "bassy" sound but peak easily) but they arent as comfortable.
Daniel Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2007, 10:15 AM   #4
Major Player

Impedence matching..?

Hi
The question of impedence matching did not really get answered here, in fact the scenario for me got worse.

I am looking for headphones to use with a canon XL-H1 that has an impedence of 32Ohms on its headphone output.

Is it important to match the impedence with the headphones being used and if it is why are you using 63Ohms on a 32Ohm socket? Will it do any harm? Will they perform correctly?

Does anyone know of good quality 32Ohm headphones?

Thanks everyone....
Dave Gosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2007, 07:01 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I would not worry about an impedance mismatch from 63 ohms to 32 ohms, this is not significant, in my opinion.

An impedance mismatch of 10,000 ohms to 32 ohms would be significant, as would other extreme cases.

From a practical standpoint, the Sony 7506's and the Sony 7509's work very well with a Canon XL H1.

Just be aware that the Sony 7506's and 7509's are not sound isolating headphones.

If you are at a rock concert, standing in front of the stage, attempting to monitor your audio with the Sony’s, you will not be able distinguish your audio from the very loud ambient audio.

There are many very good reasons to get the Sony’s.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant