Panasonic AG-MC100G XLR Microphone - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old July 2nd, 2003, 07:30 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Thanks Jarred, I will try the Schriber again. I was using it on the DVX100 when I was having the noise problem. I never went as far as checking the freq response. Rob
Rob Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2003, 09:10 AM   #17
DVX User

yeah try a good cable if you get problems... you can tell if its the cable when you touch the metal barrel with your finger and get ground hum noise.
Jarred Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2003, 04:36 PM   #18
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Rob Taylor : >Apparently the Schriber has a hiss problem. I wouldnt recommend it, also its rated freq response is rather narrow.

I tried the Schriber and noise a slight noise problem, glad someone else has reported that I thought I had a bad unit.

I have both the Azden SGM-1x and 2x. If you want to use the 2x on the DVX100, just slide it back farther in the shock mount or remove the barrel extension.

Rob -->>>

how is the 1x compared to the 2x?
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2003, 04:46 PM   #19
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Jarred Land : I have the 568 on MY DVX and there is no Hiss on either setting.

That thread you are pointing to is the 568 used on a GL2 with a non xlr connection locked down to the solid mount... two different worlds.

The cable that comes with the 568 is also terminated very poorly with no true ground-shielding seperation... i didnt expect a good cable with the price of the mic...

The 568 in the DVX's shockmount works great.. at least mine does. And the frequency response between the two are both in the same Audible region.

I would not take the advice from someone advising not to buy it that does not have one; just is yapping off of hear-say. -->>>

Besides yapping, I was reffering him to posts made by actual owners
Old July 2nd, 2003, 06:06 PM   #20
Regular Crew

AGMC100G XLR Mic setting

I just got a DVX100 and purchased that AG-MC100G XLR Microphone. I looked at the manual and am a little confused at one of the settings.

I have the microphone plugged into the XLR input 1 and have the Channel 1 select set at Input 1 and the Channel 2 select to int(r). To the right of those settings I have both Input 1 and Input 2 set on.

I'm assuming this means my external XLR mic is working in input 1 and internal mic for channel 2.

The question I have regards the two input settings at the very front of the camera for Input 1 (Line/Mic) and Input 2 (Line/Mic). They're both set for Mic but I can't find anything in the manual that explains this well. Pardon my ignorance but what is this setting for? Should they both be set at Mic?

I'm worried something could be set wrong because it almost sounds like I have an very faint echo. But that was when I had the volume turned up a little higher than it should have.

This camera takes beautiful pictures. I took it into the Great Smoky Mountains National Park last week and got some beautiful shots. If anyone's interested I posted it online
@ http://www.magoomedia.com/media/gsnp2.wmv
Jim Quinlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2003, 06:26 PM   #21
DVX User

Yang.. "Besides yapping, I was reffering him to posts made by actual owners"

owners of a totally different camera that the question was directed to lol...

WOO HOO give yourself a cookie.

no offense of course.
Old July 2nd, 2003, 06:48 PM   #22
Major Player

no offense taken, enjoy your crappy mic
Old July 2nd, 2003, 07:14 PM   #23
DVX User

lol, its a tool.. just like you.
Old July 2nd, 2003, 11:34 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Re: AGMC100G XLR Mic setting

<<<-- Originally posted by Jim Quinlan : I just got a DVX100 and purchased that AG-MC100G XLR Microphone. I looked at the manual and am a little confused at one of the settings.

I have the microphone plugged into the XLR input 1 and have the Channel 1 select set at Input 1 and the Channel 2 select to int(r). To the right of those settings I have both Input 1 and Input 2 set on.

I'm assuming this means my external XLR mic is working in input 1 and internal mic for channel 2. -->>>

Correct. But... the switches to the right of the channel 1 and 2 input switches are for turning the phantom power on and off. Phantom power means the camera battery supplies the power to your mikes, which is handy if you don't have a battery in your mike, but which does drain your camera battery quicker. I'm not sure if the MC100G can take an internal battery or needs to use phantom power, but I would suggest turning off phantom power to input 2, since you're using the internal mike, which doesn't need it (phantom power only works on the camera's two mike inputs.

<<<-- The question I have regards the two input settings at the very front of the camera for Input 1 (Line/Mic) and Input 2 (Line/Mic). They're both set for Mic but I can't find anything in the manual that explains this well. Pardon my ignorance but what is this setting for? Should they both be set at Mic? -->>>

Jim, to explain it poorly (since I'm no audio expert), the mic/line setting allows for inputs of varying strengths/impedances; namely, "line" referring to the type of signal you might typically get from a portable mixer or a sound board, and "mic" to a signal from a microphone. In your case, the "mic" setting is the correct one. In cases where you're unsure which setting to use, flip between the two to see which works/works best.
Stas Tagios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2003, 04:36 AM   #25
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reply Stas. The info is much appreciated and clears up some of the questions I had about the DVX100.
Jim Quinlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2005, 05:05 AM   #26
Regular Crew

doesn't this work ?

to borrow this thread,

Hope this doesn't come across as a stupid question...

I have the Panny AG MC-100 too and now I bought an XLR cable to extend it so I can just use it as a handheld mic to do vox pox. But why doesn't it run phantom power to the mic and work it ? Is that the cable's problem ? Mic works fine going direct into the inputs but not with the extension cable.
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:54 AM   #27
Major Player

I wish someone would answer Wesley Wong because I also have the AG-MC100G and was thinking of getting an extension cable as well
Evan C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2005, 08:55 AM   #28
Regular Crew

Hey Evan,

I went back to the shop. Was the cable fault. Got a replacement.

So maybe you wanna bring your DVX as well as your AG-MC100 down when you get your cable - I got the pro-co excellines EXM10 (ft)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant