DVX Color Calibration at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old June 15th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #1
Major Player

DVX Color Calibration

Hi,

I just purchased the DVX100B. I am wondering if any DVX users have been following Paolo Ciccone's threads (here and here) and web site on the color calibration he has done using DSC Labs charts and a vectorscope? Paolo has been able to get an excellent calibration with good latitude and precise and vibrant colors.

Has anyone done similar work with the DVX series? I have seen lots of scene files floating around for personal preferred looks and stylistic looks, but nothing in terms of a highly accurate calibration.

Thanks,
Josh
Joshua Provost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2006, 12:03 PM   #2
New Boot

Hrm, I'd like help as well. I just got a DVX100b used and would be more at ease if I knew it was calibrated correctly.
Bin Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2006, 01:33 PM   #3
New Boot

DVX Color Calibration

I personally use warm card. http://www.warmcards.com/. The manufacturer claims that the white side of the card is calibrated to 100 RE. Along with the vectorscope, if you stay below the 100 mark you will not clip your highlights. As for the color calibration, I have DV Rack and again the manufacturer claims that the color bar is accurate since the color bars are not compressed like the one used on DVXs.

So with these combinations, in my opinion, the colors are TECHNICALLy correct. The other "expensive" option is to get an external NTSC monitor and a decent color generator to calibrate the DVX before any shoot.
Delfino L. Tiongco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 12:17 AM   #4
Major Player

My question is actually a little different. White balance is not the issue. We know that pretty much every camera has a different look, even when shooting the same scene with the same white balance. I'm wondering if anyone has scoped the DVX against a good test card and found how to calibrate the MP, matrix, gamma, chroma level, chroma phase, etc. to get technically accurate color.
Joshua Provost is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant