HELP!How do CC from inside setting- outside setting White Balance on DVX100a at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old October 1st, 2006, 02:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HELP!How do CC from inside setting- outside setting White Balance on DVX100a

Sorry if im crossing i don't think i am from the posts i've seen. My problem is simple. During a wedding shoot my partner changed his white balance from the outside setting to the inside (we were shooting out side) looking for how to match the shoots....

Thanks
Jamon Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2006, 10:38 AM   #2
Wrangler

It depends on which editor you're using, but a 3 point color corrector will generally match the shots. You apply the color correction by sampling a known black, white, and gray from the correctly WB'd clip, and apply the filter to the incorrectly balanced clip.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2006, 05:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

hey greg thanks for the response and the info i'll try it and let u know how it works (not that it won't just that i don't understand from just the instuctions but i think it will make since at some point of me actually do'n it) Thanks again
Old October 1st, 2006, 05:31 PM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamon Lewis
hey greg thanks for the response and the info i'll try it and let u know how it works (not that it won't just that i don't understand from just the instuctions but i think it will make since at some point of me actually do'n it) Thanks again
What editor are you using? We might need to move your question over to the relevant NLE forum as this really isn't a camera issue.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2006, 05:31 PM   #5
Regular Crew

btw im use'n fcp 5.1.2 with a mac pro the wedding was shot wit 2 dvx 100a and a hd100 u, thanks again
Old October 1st, 2006, 05:33 PM   #6
Regular Crew

ok sorry again as far as posting my issue in the right spot. i looked untill i nearly pulled my hair out and finally just had to do something :(
Jamon Lewis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant