Shooting in US AND Europe, NTSC or PAL?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old April 19th, 2003, 04:16 AM   #1
Tourist

Shooting in US AND Europe, NTSC or PAL??

Hi,
I'm going to be shooting a documentary of sorts, lot if indoor shooting, indoor lights if possible, etc.

I am going to purchase the DVX100. Should I go with the NTSC version or the PAL version? Any advantages or disadvantages to either of them?

I am ultimately going to reside in Europe when it is all over, but the content will be destined primarily for the US.

Is there a problem shooting 24p over in Europe? Or even shooting 25p here?

Thanks,

Charles
Charles Como is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2003, 04:28 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I would go for the PAL version, since PAL is the better TV-system and will give you the better resolution. Your final output can always be converted to NTSC if needed. But if you are going to be producing movies for Europe after this production the NTSC version would not be the best idea. However if the production for your US customers is what the camera will be used for, then sure NTSC will be fine.

/
Johan Lundberg
TECHCREW SWEDEN
Johan Lundberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant