72mm converter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old April 30th, 2003, 08:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

72mm converter

what do i look for when getting lenses and filters as far as the size that will fit the DVX100 ?
Thank you.
Randy Turner.
Old April 30th, 2003, 08:52 AM   #2

Look for the name "Century Optics".
http://www.centuryoptics.com/products/new/index.htm

- don
CREATE and NETWORK with http://www.bosfcpug.org
and also http://fcpugnetwork.org
Don Berube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2003, 10:58 AM   #3
Space Hipster

Panasonic also had introduced a Wide Angle and anamorphic lens adaptor.
Old April 30th, 2003, 03:49 PM   #4
Regular Crew

accessories

wow the cost of those lenses and filters etc. are 1/3 what i paid for the camcorder ! are the cheaper lenses not worth buying ? is there that big of a differance ? there must be quality lenses that are reasonabley priced those look like they are marked up 800% im not sure what it cost to make them but come on what a rip off ! I know the materials dont cost a 10th of what there asking and time to make them couldnt possibly be a 3 day prosses ! someone out there should find a faster cheaper way to make lenses hell maybe i will ! $$$ ;-)
Old April 30th, 2003, 09:22 PM   #5
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Randy,
I understand your sticker-shock. But, although it will probably not lessen your shock, you should know that the prices of these adapters are a pittance in relation to the cost of many professional-grade lenses. Manufacturing of high-quality lenses, such as those from Century, is actually a very costly and capital-intensive process. The prices are really not exhorbitant at all. In lenses, you absolutely get what you pay for, rarely more.

Brace yourself if you ever move up to the top-of-the-line cameras where good lenses can run $20,000 and much higher, especially in the HD realm.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2003, 02:02 AM   #6
Regular Crew

72mm wide angle lens

Hi again thanx for the info ,
I have a question on lenses/filters etc. I dont have my camcorder yet its still being shipped so i have not had time to read the specs or anything and have no prior exp. with lenses , filters , or any accessories for camcorders.
could you tell me will all 72mm lenses and filters fit or ? is 72mm the diamiter of the connection or ? i found a vivatar 72mm close up lens kit , is this only for vivatar cameras or what ?
Thank you.
Randy.
Old May 1st, 2003, 10:49 AM   #7
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

In the context of filters and adapters a specification of "72mm" probably refers to the thread diameter of the lens. So, if that's also the diameter of your camera lens' threading you're in business.

But that Vivitar "close-up" kit is probably for 35mm still cameras and will be of limited, if any, use for a video camera. Before opening your wallet too far, I'd recommend that you wait until you have spent a bit of time with your new camera and are able to get a better feeling for its operation. Many enthusiastic newcomers to video rush to spend on their new hobby only to waste money on useless or inappropriate accessories they can never use. Take your time and learn. There will never be a shortage of companies willing to sell things to you <g>.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant