Automatic mode???? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old May 6th, 2003, 09:47 AM   #1
Major Player

Automatic mode????

Does this cam (dvx-100) have an automatic mode that will handle all the functions? Or do you just use the Scene File and tweak from there?
Ron Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2003, 05:26 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Yes it does have a "full-auto" mode, you can use the factory set up scene files as well, or tweak all settings yourself. Auto focus and iris can always be turned on if you want to (auto focus can not be used in progressive modes though).
Old May 7th, 2003, 08:39 AM   #3
Major Player

Hey thanks for the reply. I know that this is a pro cam and that everyone likes to adjust it manually but let me tell you why I want the auto mode.

The other day I was going to shoot a road side billboard. When I turned the cam on it was completely white. I thought for some reason it was not working.

I flipped the ND filter on and an image started to appear so I turned it all the way up and I could see the billboard now with the background sky white out. So I pack up and go on to work.

Later I remember that I had played with the gain the night before so I check and sure enough the gain is turned all the way up.

Now I am panicking thinking I just burned out the chip or something. So I turn on the cam flip off the gain and everything seems ok.

I guess it was a lesson learned. I still don’t see a way to turn this thing on in auto mode. My GL2 sure seems a lot easer to work maybe it is just the learning curve.
Ron Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2003, 11:17 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Ron,
Sounds like your iris was wide open when you were shooting outside that's why you were seeing all white. This is definitely a camera in which you need to read the manual because so many aspects of functionality and image control are customizable
Taro Beckwith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant