Essential Accessories for DVX100 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old September 17th, 2004, 02:41 PM   #31
Wrangler

If you check this website there is an article on 5 accessories that are worthwhile to own.

I agree that a really good tripod is an excellent choice, as is the wireless mic. A number of people also recommend the LANC controller since you can control a number of camera functions without touching the cam.

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Nathan Gifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 04:36 PM   #32
Barry Wan Kenobi

Re: how much is the P+S Technik converter?

<<<-- Originally posted by Jason Epperson : Should I even dream about getting that Beauty?

Visited the website and looks to be around $7 G's

Is there anyone else who sells this converter for less??? -->>>

It's actually about $10,000 once you get the adapter kit for the camera, etc.

And no, nobody sells it for less, unless you're trying to buy a used one.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2004, 09:21 AM   #33
Major Player

Jason, why don't you tell us what you want to do with the camera. That should make it easier to let you know what kind of accesories to buy.
Stefan Scherperel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2005, 08:12 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Best accessories for the DVX-100a

I'm about to buy a new DVX-100a. Beyond the obvious UV filter to protect the lens, I'm wondering which accessories folks have found the most useful, especially for the cost? Some of the things I'm considering:

- telephoto attachment lens (brand? cost?)
- some additional filters, of course
- the "small" Chrosziel setup (not the rails, but the lens attached filter holder)
- any other lens shading device?
- shoulder mount

I'm "graduating" from a GL2 (which has been an excellent camera for the money).
Jim McQuaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2005, 08:28 AM   #35
Obstreperous Rex

My number-one choice of accessory for any DV camcorder is a remote lens controller. After all, the best way to run a camcorder is without touching it. See http://www.dvinfo.net/panasonic/articles/tanaka1.php.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2005, 09:24 AM   #36
Regular Crew

So, no support for LANC?

I guess I missed this. The article implies (but it's not as clear as it could be) that the DVX has NO support for LANC, meaning that the Varizoom controller I already have will not work with the Panasonic.?

Please confirm . . .
Old February 14th, 2005, 10:07 AM   #37
Obstreperous Rex

That's correct, Jim. LANC is a Sony protocol, which Canon has a license to use. So those are the only two manufacturers whose camcorders are compatible with LANC controllers. Panasonic does offer an auxiliary camera control jack, but it's not LANC, so you will have to change controllers. VariZoom Lens Controls and 16x9 Inc. (Zoe) both offer a variety of controllers for Panasonic DVX and DVC series camcorders.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2005, 02:33 PM   #38
Trustee

Jim - just one quick suggestion. Wait until you have the cam and have played with it before deciding on too many accessories. For example, I also upgraded to a DVX from a GL2 some time back, and found that the DVX was plenty wide enough to not need a wide-angle lens for most of my applications, even though I had a wide on my GL2. (I am still insterested in an anamorphic adapter, but that's beside the point).

As far as shoulder mounts, you may want to check out the DVRig Pro, which has been getting rave reviews all around.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2005, 08:12 PM   #39
Regular Crew

wait? shocking!

Waiting is fine concept, I admit. However, I've finally got all the stuff I need to really work with the GL2 and I figure I'm going to need more or less the same capabilities. I've shot with the DVX for someone else and I had concluded that the WA attachment would likely be unnecessary. But I found the tele attachment extremely useful at times on the GL2 (but the century model for the dvx is about double the price of the GL2 attachment - ouch).
Old February 16th, 2005, 10:28 AM   #40
Regular Crew

If you needed a telephoto adapter on a GL-2 for what you do, then you definately need one on a DVX, which doesn't zoom nearly as much as a GL-2.
Joe Kras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 02:26 PM   #41
New Boot

Essential Accessories for DVX100b

Hi All,

I am going to buy a Panasonic DVX100b this week and would like any suggestions for essential accessories. I don't have any immediate projects, and will basically be spending a few weeks shooting just to get to know the camera. I do know that I need an on camera light and a soft case when I buy it. Any suggestions for brands? Also, which tapes do you use in your DVX100b?

Ok, so if there are any accessories you think are essential, please respond here. I will be using the camera for film shorts mainly and filming events.

Thanks! I am so excited.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant