TM900 Audio dropout at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
4K and HD consumer camcorders with professional interest.

Old November 14th, 2013, 02:20 AM   #1
New Boot

TM900 Audio dropout

I've used a TM900 for about 2 years and on a few occasions (less than a handful), in my video editor I've come across scenes with no audio. Nothing special about the scenes and they had the same settings as adjacent scenes which had their audio.
The first was a concert situation (which was a bit embarrassing) another just a street scene.

Has anyone encountered this problem?.
Erik Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: TM900 Audio dropout

Hi Erik,

Since no one has responded yet I'll just chip in and say I have not had this issue with my TM900 (so far, fingers crossed). It does seem odd - and no doubt it is very frustrating for you that this is happening.

I know it's always difficult to track down faults like this. I'm wondering if it's a software thing (NLE on your computer or maybe in the camera) or a physical loss of connection (loose soldered joint within the cam's audio circuit somewhere perhaps).

Was this with a plugged in mic or using the in-built TM900 mics?
Old November 14th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #3
New Boot

Re: TM900 Audio dropout

I was using the internal camera mics and the problem was definitely on the camera (not the NLE).

Actually, it has only happened twice - in probably about 100 hours of shooting. But the 2nd occurrence was recently and I am hoping it doesn't start to happen more often.

Like you, I was thinking it might be an intermittent joint, but if so it's very intermittent.
It is very definite, ie, there is absolutely no sound. If it was a bad joint, you'd think you'd hear distorted sound a bit.
It might be a software glitch. Weird things can happen with unusual combinations of options. Problem is the shots were just normal shots , same all the others.
Erik Bennett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders