SD cards for HCX920 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders

Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
4K and HD consumer camcorders with professional interest.

Old February 25th, 2017, 03:09 AM   #1
Major Player

SD cards for HCX920

Hi. I have just purchased a Panasonic HCX920 camcorder and am very pleased with it. I am using a Sanddisk 32GB SD card with excellent results. However I have noticed that Sanddisk also offer a 64 GB SD card and am wondering if this camcorder will operate ok with this increased 64 GB card. The reason I ask is because the Panasonic user manual doesn't mentioned this 64GB card. It only goes up to 32GB as a suitable card. Maybe it's because the manual was printed before the 64 GB card became available. I hope someone can throw some light on the subject. Thank you.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2017, 04:49 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: SD cards for HCX920

Max size card you can use with the 920 is 32gb. Try Google there's loads of info on it
Old March 1st, 2017, 09:02 AM   #3
Major Player

HI Colin. Thank you for your reply but I'm afraid in this instance you are wrong. I have purchased a 64GB class 10 SDXC card and it is working perfectly with the Panasonic HCX920. Although the user manual supplied with the Cam. is not very clear regarding the use of cards, I downloaded the 200 page manual from the internet and my interpretation was the 64GB card was compatible. So I went to the often maligned PC world and they said If I bought a 64GB card from them they would take it back and give a refund if it didn't work. I bought the card and they wrote on the receipt that they would give a refund if returned. I am glad to say that the card works perfectly with the camcorder and having transferred the shots to adobe cs5 premiere have edited the video OK. Thanks for your reply though.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2017, 10:50 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi Roy,

I came into this after you found your own answer, however I have a pair of earlier Panasonic SD 700s that still get used as B cams and although the manual says up to 32 Gb, I frequently use them with 64Gb and even 128Gb cards.

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2017, 03:13 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Roger for your input. The fact that you have used 128 GB SD cards makes me think of trotting along to PC world and see if they will repeat the refund offer on a 128GB card.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders