Opinions on HC-X2000? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders

Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
4K and HD consumer camcorders with professional interest.

Old May 1st, 2020, 07:11 PM   #1
Trustee

Opinions on HC-X2000?

Has anyone used the new HC-X2000 yet? Appears to have a lot of nice features, at the likely expense of using a very small sensor...
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2020, 04:59 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Opinions on HC-X2000?

Really depends on your needs. Different ball game, still, I do notice the HC-VX1 has the same lens and sensor at 1/4 the price.
Rainer Listing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2020, 08:59 PM   #3
Trustee

Thank you for pointing that out. I think the consumer form-factor leaves out a number of useful features -- xlr audio controls, separate zoom and focus, led light, nd filters, eyepiece viewfinder and sdi output that some may find important, but interesting to see the "innards" are available at a much lower price. Thanks again.
Old May 3rd, 2020, 06:34 AM   #4
Inner Circle

HC-VX1 does not do UHD at 60P and has a lot less control of image. I think the control chip is very different even if the sensor and lens are the same. Though looking at spec numbers may not mean the same thing. I have seen references that the control chip is either like the GH5 or S1 rather than from the consumer line. The VX1 is like a Panasonic version of the Sony AX53 which likely uses the same sensor.
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2020, 11:28 AM   #5
New Boot

I have just bought the X1500 which is identical to the X2000 but no handle and no SDI, which I don't require. I have bought the handle separately and saved around 200. Total cost was 1608.
I am still finding my way with it and have only filmed around 1 hour. The image quality is excellent using MP4 UHD 3840 x 2160 and sent to a 65" TV.
Slow motion and time lapse are only available in MOV. Not MP4 or AVCHD.
The battery is underslung so you cannot use larger batteries. Spare battery 150. Cannot find a generic copy. I saw someone bought a Cellonic but it didn't fit. Probably too big and extended below.
The OIS is excellent even at maximum zooms.
MIC is only 3.5mm socket so handle a must if like me you need XLR.
VF is small but adequate. LCD is good but still prefer to use large monitor through HDMI when on tripod.
Before this I had the HC-X1 and image seems the same. Haven't tried this one yet in low light but I imagine the X1 is better with the large sensor. I bought this as it is smaller, lighter and more mobile. The removable handle gives you a choice if rucksack is tight.
Syd Hutchinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2020, 10:57 AM   #6
Trustee

Good information, thank you!
Old May 14th, 2020, 12:47 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Where did you buy from please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Hutchinson View Post
I have just bought the X1500 which is identical to the X2000 but no handle and no SDI, which I don't require. I have bought the handle separately and saved around 200. Total cost was 1608.
I am still finding my way with it and have only filmed around 1 hour. The image quality is excellent using MP4 UHD 3840 x 2160 and sent to a 65" TV.
Slow motion and time lapse are only available in MOV. Not MP4 or AVCHD.
The battery is underslung so you cannot use larger batteries. Spare battery 150. Cannot find a generic copy. I saw someone bought a Cellonic but it didn't fit. Probably too big and extended below.
The OIS is excellent even at maximum zooms.
MIC is only 3.5mm socket so handle a must if like me you need XLR.
VF is small but adequate. LCD is good but still prefer to use large monitor through HDMI when on tripod.
Before this I had the HC-X1 and image seems the same. Haven't tried this one yet in low light but I imagine the X1 is better with the large sensor. I bought this as it is smaller, lighter and more mobile. The removable handle gives you a choice if rucksack is tight.
Ian Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2020, 01:58 AM   #8
Tourist

I have the X1500, which I bought from Panasonic's store on Amazon. I will probably buy the handle unit when it comes down in price a little - it's currently about 240, but I expect to see it at more like 200 later. At the moment there are no third-party batteries, but the supplied battery lasts over four hours so for me there is no pressing need to have a spare.

So far I'm getting great results from this camcorder using automatic features with just a few easy manual adjustments. My other camera is a GH5, which produces slightly better results but at the expense of lots of fiddly setup time and relatively poor automatic features.

Best Regards

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders