Opinions on HC-X1500? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
4K and HD consumer camcorders with professional interest.

Old May 16th, 2020, 04:03 AM   #1
Major Player

Opinions on HC-X1500?

I'm interested (of course!) but wonder how the image quality compares with that of my FZ2000?

The attractions to me of the 1500 are the form facto; video camera rather than an adapted stills camera, 50p as well as 25p, and UHD in slo-mo/variable frame rate.

I do wildlife so tele performance matters.

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2020, 01:18 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: Opinions on HC-X1500?

I have an X1500 and also a GH5. I'm a hobbyist, used to documenting our travelling adventures before the pandemic. For convenience the X1500 wins, obviously. To use the GH5 I have to cart around a sizeable bag containing three lenses, and ND filter, spare batteries. Setting up a shot takes time, while my wife taps her foot. With the X1500 it's point and shoot. The zoom has an astonishing range and stabilisation even at the far end of its range is amazing when hand-held. Autofocus is very good.

The X1500's picture quality is fine for most situations, and its automatic mode is effective. The GH5's automatic modes are not even close in comparison. The GH5's pictures are better, but that's mostly because you have to take the time to properly adjust exposure etc manually. The GH5 is slightly better in low light. The X1500 has plenty of manual features as well - I've not had time to experiment yet.

The X1500 is a keeper.
I can provide more information and views if requested.
Best Regards
Graham Laws is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders