FZ1000 Low Light Clip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series
4K and AVCHD via compact point & shoot "bridge" cameras.

Old October 4th, 2015, 11:16 AM   #1
Inner Circle

FZ1000 Low Light Clip

There has been a lot of discussion about the low light performance of the FZ1000, so as I was filming a wedding yesterday I took the opportunity to get some quick low light video. The Chocolate fountain had been set up in an area with no lights, just the constantly changing lights from the Chocolate fountain and some very dim light from a small bar about 25ft away. I was taking some still pics and as the kids had discovered chocolate was available, I quickly switched to handheld video mode in the iA+ setting, before they finished.

The recording was at ISO 2000, AWB and 25p setting, and this clip is directly from the card.

Roger

Last edited by Roger Gunkel; October 4th, 2015 at 11:22 AM. Reason: renew link
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2015, 12:47 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: FZ1000 Low Light Clip

Good stuff Roger. The FZ1000 certainly performs well in low light doesn't it
Old October 4th, 2015, 01:45 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Rowe View Post
Good stuff Roger. The FZ1000 certainly performs well in low light doesn't it
I'm sure it doesn't reach the requirements of some, but for me, as I have said before, I have no problem with the low light performance. A full frame camera with a 1.4 prime will certainly reach lower light levels, but I really love the ability to respond instantly to almost every situation with this camera.

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2015, 06:48 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi Roger

The noise level at 2000 ISO is zero and you also could have easily doubled the ISO and still had a stunning picture! The low light is really good for a 1" sensor camera but the processing is even better and even if you keep ISO in auto it still seems to be clean at high levels too. I was amazed on Saturday whilst filming the dancing and the venue decided to "dim the lights" I had perfect video even when the lights started to drop but they continued until they were totally off!!! (That's what they call dimmed???) Even with just the DJ's LED patterned lights I still got a good picture.
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2015, 01:57 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I found the same with the Panasonic G6 that I used to own. The lack of grain & nose even at very low light levels was exceptional.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series