Very good video of Lumix Gh1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old May 4th, 2009, 03:21 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Very good video of Lumix Gh1

I was not impressed so far by the videos of Gh1 but this video might change my choice of getting a Gh1 or not.
its done with a 35mm tilt shift Canon

YouTube - Tilt Lens Test with LUMIX GH1[HD]
Martin Labelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2009, 06:33 AM   #2
Regular Crew

hmm

I had a look....hmmm to me it looks like you confuse the optics of a tilt lens with the capabilities of the GH1.

Such tilt lenses will make similar pictures with any camera. its nice to see the sort of bokeh but it has absolutely zero to do with the GH1.

Its the lens IMO.
Hanno di Rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2009, 02:45 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanno di Rosa View Post
Such tilt lenses will make similar pictures with any camera. its nice to see the sort of bokeh but it has absolutely zero to do with the GH1.
It is both the camera AND the lens. Hack away at an iPhone 3Gs, but the same tilt-lens on it & I highly doubt you'll get an image that looks nearly as nice.
Old July 20th, 2009, 04:48 AM   #4
Regular Crew

The footage looks good.

Those tilt lenses are freaky. It always makes things look like you're shooting miniatures.
D.R. Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 09:04 AM   #5
Major Player

Because the GH1 has a fairly starved bit-rate for compression. The tilt lenses actually help it out quite a bit. Since a large portion of the frame is out of focus, it gives the compressor an easier time and reduces artifacting. So it's perhaps not the best test for evaluating the quality the GH1 can produce.
Brett Sherman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series