Perfect 3:2 pulldown removal? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old May 6th, 2009, 03:41 PM   #1
Major Player

Perfect 3:2 pulldown removal?

Hi all,

I've been trying to use Cineform HDLink to remove the pulldown in the 24p clips from the GH1 but it gives me an error. Looks like it can't read the file. I also tried to do it with AfterFX but I don't know exactly how.

Can anyone post a step by step way to go from 60i to real 24p with the GH1 clips under both mac and windows?

Thanks.
Old May 6th, 2009, 06:09 PM   #2
Major Player

I don't have a GH-1, so I can't help you with Cineform, but AE's pulldown removal is pretty simple and I've used it with HDV files that have 24p embedded in 60i. In the Project panel, right click on the clip and Interpret Footage, then Main. This opens a dialog box and hit the "Guess 3:2 Pulldown" button. Here's someone who came up with a script to automate the process for a large number of clips:

After Effects CS3 pulldown removal automation - Canon HV20, HV30 & HV40 User Forum

TMPGEnc XPress ($99 US) also has a very good pulldown removal routine for a lot less money than AE:

TMPGEnc - Products: TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress Product Information

But I don't know if it will work with the GH-1 files. If you point me to a link with an original GH-1 file that you are having trouble with (not Vimeo, etc.), I will download it and see what I can do with Cineform and TMPGEnc Xpress.

EDIT:

I just downloaded a GH1 1080i/24p clip and it converted fine to straight 24p with either Cineform HDLink, TMPGEnc XPress or AE CS4. Here's the clip that I used:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...2010.m2ts.html

Last edited by Jay Bloomfield; May 6th, 2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Update
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series