Switching to GH1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old September 13th, 2009, 09:25 AM   #1
Major Player

Switching to GH1

I am switching to the GH1 from the HV30. I bought a Juicedlink pre amp and was wondering if I can keep the juicedlink to use with my GH1.

Thanks!
Terry.
Terry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 06:30 PM   #2
Trustee

I think you will need a 3.5 to 2.5mm adapter
David W. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 08:05 PM   #3
Major Player

Hey David, Thanks for the reply.

I spoke with you earlier in the "alternative imaging" forum and you stated that you use the Zoom H4N or your XHA1 to record audio. Since I already have audio equipment I would like to make it work with the GH1. However I know alot of people are saying you have to record externaly with these cameras but i'm not entirely sure why.

Terry.
Terry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2009, 12:22 AM   #4
Major Player

Hey Terry, I was just up in Louisville recording with my GH1 today....I'm not sure how the results turned out yet though. I'm going to keep my HV 30 and see how well they cut together for an upcoming project. Nice to see someone local buying the same gear.
Eric Stemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2009, 10:05 PM   #5
New Boot

Hey Eric,

I have to ask, where did you get your GH1? I didn't think they were available in the US yet. Thanks! :)
Old September 16th, 2009, 05:08 PM   #6
Major Player

I got mine around the 2nd of September through Crutchfield...not my first choice but there is nothing wrong with them. I was checking Bhphoto, Amazon, and Crutchfield once or twice a day and just got lucky enough to check before they sold out. I think they sold out again within an hour of ordering mine. Good luck!

I also ordered an adapter through e-bay for my Olympus OM lenses. I put my 50 1.4 on it. Talk about some shallow depth of field, this should do great for interviews...I'll probably need to get some ND filters for it so I can slow the shutter speed down.
Eric Stemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2009, 08:35 PM   #7
Major Player

Hey Eric,

As soon as I can figure out if I can use my pre amp efficently I will start the change over.

Mostly for my films I need to be able to control the DOF, be able to shoot in various frame rates (particularly 24p) and for the camera to be versitile enough where I can place it in awkward positions or hoist it up into the air easily if needed. Look doesn't matter to me. I don't mind shooting with something that looks like a still photography camera. I simply want the best over all image. Since this camera shoots 720p/1080i/1080p in the corresponding frame rates and captures in full HD and can host any lens you chose, this camera I would say is near perfect for people wanting to shoot cinematic films. I could be wrong but thats just from what minimal information i've read.
Terry Lee is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series