gh1 vs hdv? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:06 PM   #1
Major Player

gh1 vs hdv?

gh1 vs hdv?

i've been sitting on the sidelines reading the various thoughts about the gh1.

i do lots of talking heads, usually in a studio sometimes at an indoor location, rarely outdoors.

i'm interested in the gh1 for the possibilities of a small unobtrusive camera, a shallow dof using various primes and with those primes a f4-ish resulting in a simple light kit.

i'm willing to do double system for my sound needs. (something like a 4 channel recorder: chan1-boom/ chan2-lav for interviewee + chan3-lav for interviewer + chan4-as knockdown levels to insure against clipping)

this set-up would be used as either a one person band, or me and a pa.

i have used something like this set-up with various cameras:
1/2" 3chip sd eng jvc dv500,
2/3" 3chip sd eng sony dsr500/570,
1/3" 3chip sd pannie dvx100,
1/3" 3chip hdv sony 1zu,
1/2" 3chip hd pannie hpx500.

of all these cameras, i'm imagining the gh1 shooting in 720p30 would look most like the sony hdv.

would any gh1 user agree?

if not, could u possibly compare the 720p from the gh1 to any of the above listed cameras?

i still deliver to most clients a sd dvd 16x9.

thanks in advance for any info u care to share.

be well

rob
Rob Katz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series