Adapting XL2 lens, converter and mic at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old December 10th, 2010, 01:24 AM   #1
Tourist

Adapting XL2 lens, converter and mic

Hi,
I've just recently purchased the GH1, my first DSLR. I previously had a Canon XL2 and am wondering if I could use the 20x zoom lens that came with it on the GH1 using some kind of adapter, and if so, which one? I believe the Canon lens is 35mm.

I also have a Red Eye .4x wide angle converter I used with the XL2 that I'd like to mount on my 20mm Panasonic lens; the thread size of the converter is 72 and the thread size of the 20mm is 46. Since I can't seem to find a step-up ring that goes from 46 to 72, would it be possible to use two rings, going from, say, 46 to 58 and then 58 to 72? And if so, what effect would this have on the image quality?

And finally, I'd like to use the shotgun mic that comes with the XL2 to record audio for the GH1 using a Zoom h4n. The problem is that the mic doesn't have an XLR plug; it instead has two prongs (as seen here: Xl2 mic image by elisapic on Photobucket). Would there by any way to adapt it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Joseph Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 06:01 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I think there isn't an adapter like that , even if there was , you could only use it on the 720p60 with the ETC
total of x 7.4 crop, so theoretically you will get 40mm-800mm, even this may be impossible to use as I think the lens needs power to operate (no I.S no power zoom).
the Canon xl2 mic is not a shotgun mic so there is not much of a benefit in using it.
The mic drowse power from the camera via the second smaller plug .
Sassi Haham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 09:03 AM   #3
Tourist

Ah, okay, thanks for the help.
Joseph Kramer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series