Don't plan an extensive GH2 shoot until you can get batteries/AC cord - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old February 1st, 2011, 11:26 AM   #31
New Boot

I haven't timed my battery life but I have been happy with it so far. Maybe a full day shoot for me doesn't involve as much actual filming as some people. I managed to get a spare battery for both my GH2's a couple weeks ago so I'm all set now.
Alex Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Lloyd View Post
The good news is, I now have a very in depth knowledge of how to fly the GH2 on a Merlin.
Care to share your settings/recipe? =)
Patrick Janka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 01:46 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Screw hole: L
Stage position: 0
Middle weight: Finish
Bottom weight:start, middle, finish
Z:1
Arch:10 1/4'

This has worked for me with the 14-140 lens. I have the view finder unfolded to the left of the camera and tilted up slightly. Lens is set at 14mm

Hope this helps.
Evan Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 04:48 AM   #34
Major Player

Crazy i have just had to pay £60 sterling for a Panasonic DMW-BLC12E battery 3 times plus the equivalent canon ones.
Martyn Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #35
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Lloyd View Post
... I left the HV30 on a tripod for the wide shot, and I threw the GH2 on a Merlin and flew it for three hours. The good news is, I now have a very in depth knowledge of how to fly the GH2 on a Merlin. The bad news is, my back is killing me.

I'm loving the GH2. It has been nothing but good times since I bought it. I have no regrets. I can't wait to buy another one and retire the HV30...
How do the images from the two cameras look cut next to each other? I've got an Hv20/30 and am looking to get a GH2 for low light & dof purposes.

Thanks
William James Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #36
Regular Crew

The HV20 and GH2 blend well. I use the Color program, and with Color I can get them pretty close. Close enough anyway.

Evan
Evan Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 06:47 AM   #37
Major Player

I read the posts but can anyone sum up the situation with batteries for the GH2?

The best solution? Is it easy to get genuine Panny batteries for decent money or is there generics available that use the charger etc? My GH2 arrives ina few days so I have no idea about the battery yet.

Thanks.
Jon Braeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 08:50 AM   #38
Inner Circle

So far the Panasonic firmware is doing a good job of preventing 3rd party battery use. One solution however is to use the DC coupler and tap in a $40 toy car battery -- it will mount externally obviously but you can shoot all day with it.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 09:04 AM   #39
Major Player

Backordered

Video Direct: Panasonic DMW-BLC12 Battery Pack for Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
Jim Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #40
Major Player

They upped the battery by $10... Still, this shop in Amsterdam charges 99 euro's for the battery- that's a whopping 138 dollars??!! Shame on Panasonic!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series