Some problems with gh2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old January 26th, 2011, 04:26 AM   #1
New Boot

Some problems with gh2

hello everyone, i have got my gh2 few days ago. I am quite new on setting camera. I have few questions:
a) when i am in motion picture mode, M mode; with rear dial i can ajust only shutter speed and i cant switch to ajust aperture by pressing rear dial. Does someone knows where can be a problem?
b) same mode( in differents happens the same); when i am moveing camera in different light, camera makes some ajustments with light too, its verry small of amount of ajustments, its like small blinks with getting lighter or darker, depends you move to darker or lighter spots. Well, i have just done some new test, and i have seen that this apears only in vr mode but not recording yet. And mostly u can see that blinking on screen, when u look from viewfinder it seems to not blinking. So is it everything normal and allright with my camera talking about b) point?
And what about that rear dial, why i cant switch to ajust aperture?

faithfully, Gediminas Sulcas

Last edited by Gediminas Sulcas; January 26th, 2011 at 09:21 AM.
Gediminas Sulcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #2
New Boot

come on... noone knows? a) problem is most important for me. U can say even if that rear dial working for u when u in manual mode want to change/switch between aperture and shatter speed ajustments
Gediminas Sulcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #3
Regular Crew

In Movie mode, the rear dial controls the aperture. Your shutter speed is set to whatever settings you have it in in Shutter Mode. So set your shutter to 50 and leave it. (assuming your shooting at 24p)

When shooting video, what you see through the view finder is not what you get. Well, not until you start recording. Once you are recording, the view finder will represent what is being recorded.

Good luck
Evan
Evan Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 11:21 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I'm on the GH2 right now, and in Motion Picture mode, Manual mode, I'm able to switch between setting the aperture and the shutter speed by pressing the Rear Dial. Sometimes I've found that the GH2 has odd abilities to change what the buttons do. Unfortunately, it takes extensive viewing of the manual (or resetting everything to defaults?).
James Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #5
New Boot

reseting helped. what was so simple ;] i am not sure what setting made this problem with rear dial. But its nice that the problem is solved. i ll be more carefully with changing setting. Thanks you.
Gediminas Sulcas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series