"Sexiest" (and practical) GH2 rig with SmallHD DP6!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old February 2nd, 2011, 02:20 PM   #1
Major Player

"Sexiest" (and practical) GH2 rig with SmallHD DP6!!

This rig I "built" (the system is the Bulldog by Indisystem) has dual audio system with a Marantz 661 recorder and G2 Sennheiser wireless. The monitor is a DP6 by SmallHD (by far the best monitor I've ever tested), carbon fiber rails, FF, and shoulder pad with attachable weights if needed. The entire rig as configured in the pictures attached weights only 12 pounds!

Everything is adjustable: you can angle and swivel the monitor in any direction, bring it up or down and/or closer to you, adjust the angle, width, and position of the front grips, as well as slide the shoulder pad back and forth. It feels extremely solid and it works great (if you are not walking) even with a non IS lens like the one on it (Canon FD 50mm f1.4).
You can even tilt the recorder upward (like in the picture) or tilt it down (sideways). In either position is "out of the way" and the rig is perfectly balanced on your shoulder.

That's what we use when we shoot the Santa Fe Tv Show with the new GH2.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show
Attached Thumbnails
"Sexiest" (and practical) GH2 rig with SmallHD DP6!!-gh2_rig1.jpg   "Sexiest" (and practical) GH2 rig with SmallHD DP6!!-gh2_rig2.jpg  

"Sexiest" (and practical) GH2 rig with SmallHD DP6!!-gh2_rig3.jpg   "Sexiest" (and practical) GH2 rig with SmallHD DP6!!-gh2_rig4.jpg  

Carlo Zanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 04:22 PM   #2
Major Player

Carlo,
Whats brand is the Matte box?
Greg Fiske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 04:56 PM   #3
Inner Circle

It looks like a lot of the weight is starboard. How is that handheld and what tripod are you using?
Sure looks cool.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 06:49 PM   #4
Major Player

You are going to laugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Fiske View Post
Carlo,
Whats brand is the Matte box?
Well, I have had my EX1 lens shade collecting dust for about three years now (my 2 EX1s have rails and mattes). Then, all of a sudden I thought: since I already have some 77mm step up adapters, why not trying to clamp those nice shades to the GH13 and GH2?? It just works GREAT for interior setup with lights. Outdoor, if you use a circular polarizer, you have to take it off...Still good and FREE ( if you own an EX1, of course). And you can protect the lens because that shade has eyebrows you can close when not in use...
And, if you care for the looks, they do not seem out-of-proportion-HUGE compare to some mattes that make the camera look like a little pimple.
For square filters, I just use a clamp on mount from the old Formatt 400 (detacheable).

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show
Carlo Zanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 06:54 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce View Post
It looks like a lot of the weight is starboard. How is that handheld and what tripod are you using?
Sure looks cool.
Not really. You'll be surprised how balanced this rig feels on your shoulders.
Carlo Zanella is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series