GH2 is awesome in low light! Music Video Footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old February 5th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

GH2 is awesome in low light! Music Video Footage

The more i shoot with my GH2 the more I love it. Check out this footage i just shot last night. The GH2 is great in low light.Check it out!

Dave Brytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2011, 11:43 PM   #2
Major Player

Hey, Dave, looks good. We have the same cameras...this and the XHA1. Did you ever finish that other music video? What camera settings and lens did you use for this one? What was your lighting set up? Thanks!
Patrick Janka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 12:55 AM   #3
Regular Crew

oh cool...Here are the setting i used.

Lens was a panasonic 20mm 1.7
Setting: SMOOTH
Contrast -2
NR 0
Sharpness 0
Saturation 0

24p Mode

Shutter Speed=50
ISO=320

Lighting was a basic 3 light set up and I had parking lots that helped with background light. Heres a picture

http://img809.imageshack.us/i/167229...7782314225.jpg
Old February 6th, 2011, 10:57 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks. Did you move the lights at all for the different shots? What is the wattage of the lights, and are they all open face with no diffusion? What kind of track/dolly are you using? Did you get a permit to film there? Did it cost anything to do so? Sorry for the million questions =)
Old February 6th, 2011, 11:49 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Janka View Post
Thanks. Did you move the lights at all for the different shots? What is the wattage of the lights, and are they all open face with no diffusion? What kind of track/dolly are you using? Did you get a permit to film there? Did it cost anything to do so? Sorry for the million questions =)
Yea I had to move the lights for the various shots. The lights are Alzo Pan L Lights and they are AMAZING for the price. Def check them out if your looking for a light that is very similar to Kino Flo. Watts were 1500 i think. I did not need to use any diffusion for this.

Track and dolly is just PVC pipe and a cheap dolly wheel thing i bought off ebay. Not great but works for what i need it to do.

I did not get a permit. I just asked for permission to film there and got the ok from the owner and the local police. They were very cool about it.
Old February 6th, 2011, 12:03 PM   #6
Major Player

Thanks for answering my questions, Dave. I have a set of ARRI lights I need to start toying with. I had made a dolly from Filmriot's tutorial (plank of wood, skateboard wheels, pvc pipe)...it worked alright for a the first few gigs and then it started sticking and squeaking really badly so now it just sits in my garage. You get what you pay for. I want to get a slider instead anyway, they're more portable. I had made one of those cheapie steadicams and then upgraded to a Merlin recently...night and day difference, lol. The cheap stuff is okay if you don't plan on it lasting very long and don't need to look professional.
Old February 10th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brytus View Post
The more i shoot with my GH2 the more I love it. Check out this footage i just shot last night. The GH2 is great in low light.Check it out!

Untitled on Vimeo
dave-

video link is busted but the still image looks like loads of fun.

for mos shots, a gh2 is intriguing.

ymmv

be well

rob
Rob Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 10:38 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Yes, Dave, would love to see video...can you post a new link?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series