Canon 5d mark2 vrs Panasonic gh2 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old February 24th, 2011, 11:41 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Canon 5d mark2 vrs Panasonic gh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Brathwaite View Post
the test is ,panasonic ,canon,panasonic canon,the gh2 has bettar image quality even whith a cheap lent.
thanks
As I said, this is test shows nothing. The cameras were obviously set up different. No attempt was made to equalize sharpness and exposure curve settings.

Your conclusion that the first images is better than the second comes from what ? As someone who shoots and edits with color correction in mind and because of the blown out areas, I would much rather try to grade the second set of images that the first. And you did the first camera no favor by hand holding it and highlighting the aliasing and moire issues.
Old February 24th, 2011, 01:08 PM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Brathwaite View Post
Hello, a short video clip taken with two cameras, a tripod with canon canon lens 20-35mm f2.8 L, and GH2 Panasonic 14-140mm f4.5 lens.
Thanks for the test,
I'm guessing canon was set around 30mm, f4.5; 5.6?, and GH2 @14mm with the same f stop?
Old February 25th, 2011, 04:40 AM   #18
New Boot

hi,i dont remember,i m waithing to use same lents in the cameras to try new test.
thanks
Gary Brathwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 10:54 AM   #19
Regular Crew

I would like to see a low light 1080p test at night of the Canon 5D MK2 with 50mm F1.0 L or 50mm F1.2 L vs the GH2 with Voigtländer Nokton 25mm f/0.95 .
Joe Ogiba is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series