Short videos for local Botanic Garden at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old April 1st, 2011, 06:43 AM   #1
Tourist

Short videos for local Botanic Garden

I recently went into my local camera shop to buy some cheapo lights and walked out with their only GH2. Easily the most satisfying camera purchase I've ever made. And this little gadget has been very busy as I've been hired to make video for my local Botanic Garden on a regular basis. Here's the first two videos:

YouTube - Santa Barbara Botanic Garden - John C. Pritzlaff Conservation Award 2011

YouTube - Santa Barbara Botanic Garden: Spring Plant Sale 2011

The second video features extensive use of the Panasonic macro lens which is amazing for interviews. Both also have some old shots from my TM700 here and there. See if you can spot them!
Brandon T. Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 09:37 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Short videos for local Botanic Garden

Nicely done Brandon. Congratulations on your new GH2 and client.
Dan Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 10:02 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon T. Davis View Post
I recently went into my local camera shop to buy some cheapo lights and walked out with their only GH2. Easily the most satisfying camera purchase I've ever made. And this little gadget has been very busy as I've been hired to make video for my local Botanic Garden on a regular basis. Here's the first two videos:

YouTube - Santa Barbara Botanic Garden - John C. Pritzlaff Conservation Award 2011

YouTube - Santa Barbara Botanic Garden: Spring Plant Sale 2011

The second video features extensive use of the Panasonic macro lens which is amazing for interviews. Both also have some old shots from my TM700 here and there. See if you can spot them!
Nicely done, especially since you just started using it.
When you say macro lens, are you talking about the 20mm pancake lens?
Jim Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 10:43 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Nice work. That's hard to do, stringing together unscripted interviews in to a coherent narrative. Btw I live in sb and take my kids to that garden. Also, need work? I need a gh2 shooter for april 14. Email me at brian90402 at gmail.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2011, 12:21 AM   #5
Major Player

Excellent work!
Patrick Janka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:22 PM   #6
Tourist

Thanks for the kind words everybody. I would not have bought this camera without all the great information on this forum.

Jim, I am referring to the http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/651734-REG/Panasonic_H_ES045_Leica_DG_Macro_Elmarit_45mm.html, which is great for documentary style interviews and close ups of flowers - perfect for what I'm doing.

Brian, check your e-mail.

Here is the first video I produced for the garden, using the Panasonic TM700. If properly white balanced, these cameras mesh pretty well together in post without any color correction.
Brandon T. Davis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series