Night Walk with the E-P3 and Panasonic 25mm f/1.4 Leica Lens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old August 12th, 2011, 02:38 AM   #1
Major Player

Night Walk with the E-P3 and Panasonic 25mm f/1.4 Leica Lens

It shows some direct comparisons between the 20mm and the 25mm.

Night Walk with the E-P3 and Panasonic 25mm f/1.4 Leica Lens Gakuranman – illuminating Japan
Chip Thome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 12:25 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Night Walk with the E-P3 and Panasonic 25mm f/1.4 Leica Lens

thanks for the link Chip. Samples are nice. For me the differences will be shooting at wedding receptions, and 50mm equivelant is certainly nice for portraits than 40mm. I look forward to owning it. I found one on ebay for I think around 2K, or maybe it was amazon.

Opportunists will hoard these and resell at outrageous prices, I'm afraid.
Old August 12th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Night Walk with the E-P3 and Panasonic 25mm f/1.4 Leica Lens

I don't know Jeff how long opportunists would have to capitalize on these. If there's one thing Panny could crank out a ton of, it would have to be a lens. Prior to the quake, Panny lenses were discounted everywhere, and are slowly returning to that status. When the 14mm was announced, the buzz was almost as loud as with this one. That one turned into a kit lens, real quick.

I have read several reviews on it and it does appear to be a real nice lens. No one has called it anything but that. But no one has called it "flawless" either. In this comparison, the guy is slapping down the previous "must have" a bit, the 20mm.

Price-wise, I think everyone that pre-orders will get one right away, and at list price. The opportunists might have a shot at some profit, but I think that window is short lived, maybe 30 days from first deliveries, at most. IMO, Panny can't be so stupid as to not have a ton of these in all the stores in time for the holidays. This has to be the hottest M4/3 "add on" they got going for this coming Christmas season.

My prediction, by Feb 2012, with some hunting, we will find these for sub $500.
Chip Thome is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series